Monthly Box Subscription Things

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMonthly Box Subscription Things

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

you may or may not know about the existance of ‘monthly subscription box’ where you pay x price to get 1 or y price to get a years worth and they hold many variety’s of things from make-up(memebox) computer game/geeky stuff (loot crate).

anyway, do anyone know about the existance of chinese things like this? mystery monthly box things?

ive seen adverts about one for cookery (on shanghaiist) but its stopped showing that advert to me now i am actually considering buying one….andi cant recall its name neither..

Participant

*confused*

I’ll happily send you a box of random stuff if you pay me monthly subscription fees.

Participant

Looking for a service similar to this one, right? http://www.candyjapan.com
    But in China…

Participant

yep, that sort of thing. but any that are based in china

Keymaster

These are huge in the states with things like monthly razors, socks, snacks, coffee, etc. I haven’t heard of this being a thing in China, though.

If anyone has an idea of something that resembles the Dollar Shave Club in the US PUHLEAZE let me know I hate shelling out so much cash for razors.

Participant

Anyone interested in starting up something like this together? I’m quite interested. Would be nice to have a partner or two.

Very tempting as shipping is so affordable in China, and there’s also tons of interesting stuff. If interested get in touch. Would be fun to do something interesting, rather than cheap razors or so(that’s really cool too though).

Keymaster

Anyone interested in starting up something like this together? I’m quite interested. Would be nice to have a partner or two. Very tempting as shipping is so affordable in China, and there’s also tons of interesting stuff. If interested get in touch. Would be fun to do something interesting, rather than cheap razors or so(that’s really cool too though).

What do you have in mind? Creating a monthly for-subscription service for expats in China? Sounds interesting.

Participant

What do you have in mind? Creating a monthly for-subscription service for expats in China? Sounds interesting.

I’m thinking it’s probably good to narrow it down quite much. Every package would come with a leaflet giving some information about the product(s). Some ideas so far:
    * Exotic snacks
    * Asian liquor (baijiu, Korean, Japanese liquor etc etc)

I think things such as socks, underwear etc are really cool too. Would be fun if it the service would have some kind of China/Asia related theme, but don’t necessarily have to.

Probably targeted mainly to expats, but might be cool to do something like candyjapan.com but in reverse – subscription service for Chinese to introduce something from western countries.

Participant

awesomeness Niklas! one of your many ideas.

i know organic farms in sichuan send bi-weekly fresh produce to your door. will dig up their info and post it here.

it’s such a cool model too i have a few friends back in the US doing it for niche markets: male beauty products, monthly whiskey tasting in bottles mailed to your door, eco-friendly product samples, etc.

it would be neat to see products expats want in China but think there aren’t Chinese substitutes to actually find those substitutes. Cheaper price, local products, increase market knowledge of how you can pretty much find everything here without having to pay extra to get the comforts of home.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.