Moving to Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMoving to Chengdu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I have been recently accepted a job offer and will be moving to Chengdu in 8 weeks, and i’m a bit concerned about the cost of living, does 15000rmb make a good living there?

The Company is paying for my housing, and would also like to know which neighborhood do you recommend for living,

I really know no one, and almost nothing, of Chengdu and any info would be great 🙂

Thanks!

Keymaster

Hey Jacome,

You can live very comfortably in Chengdu for half of what you’ll be making, so no worries there. Even though the cost of living has been rising in Chengdu, it’s still inexpensive by western standards.

I think most foreigners would say that the Yulin and Tongzilin neighborhoods in the South of Chengdu are the most comfortable.

Participant

You can live like a king… get a butler

Participant
    Quote:
    You can live very comfortably in Chengdu for half of what you’ll be making, so no worries there.

He doesn’t even need to pay rent, so 15k is quite a lot.

Participant

15kRMB for 8week stay in Chengdu is quite confortable.Choice of fully furnitured service apartment would feed your needs. Friend of mine is looking for room as well so I’ve gained some experience and I’m glad to share.

Participant

Thanks a lot everyone, i really appreciate the help,

Do you know if there is a website i can look for apartments wither in Yulin or Tongzilin, just to get a view of the place and costs, thing is i have to report an average of my monthly housing expenses i might require but have no clue 😛

btw its awesome to find this space!

Quote:
    You can live like a king… get a butler

The butler would be utterly useless, but cheap. I’d start looking for one now ahead of time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.