Muay Thai – Moko – Fraud

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMuay Thai – Moko – Fraud

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just heard a sad story – so, this guy Moko who trains muay thai in Chengdu just came back from Thailand where he lost some competitions badly, now he has convinced one of his sometimes students – Pancho from mexico – to take part in a filmed competition with him. What I heard is the following:

– Against advice from my buddy, pancho was convinced to take part in the competition, which he wont be paid for – and will be touted as an experienced fighter (fake stats etc, ya’ll know the drill) from the US – in which he was told he’ll go down in the 3rd round
    – He went along with it, looking forward to some real fight experience and trusting that the intention is to beef up moko’s credibility and help keep/get more students for his schools
    – He’s nowhere near ready. I saw a vid of him sparring with my buddy a couple weeks ago and agreed completely, absolutely not competition ready
    – I’m guessing Moko wont put ’em down in the 3rd, will likely make a much more painful spectacle of it
    – Intention is to put this vid on youku, advertisement ish

Simple advice for part time fighters encouraged to take part in competitions – they’re rigged, you’ll be deceived throughout – and might just get hurt. Don’t do it.

Moko is a fraud, fuck ’em, just another seedy cheat with nothing but self interest in mind.

Participant

Oh man, a lot of sketchy stuff in most combat sports in general, from illegal basement tournaments to the multi-billion dollar UFC. I remember the boxing event here a few years ago: guys blatantly taking falls, some farcical shit indeed. The TRT scandal with Belfort is also looking more ridiculous by the day. Mayweather making $80m for his last fight, Goddamn…

Participant

On that note, come train at my gym, just got a new MMA/Kickboxing coach, K-1 level baby! 4-1 in K-1! He quit the fight game because of injuries and little pay. My game is legit and moving up ranks in BJJ!

But yea Moko is a fraud, dirty ass gyms (he has over 5 gyms) and connected with sketchy triad dudes. He screwed a bud of mines

Participant

My coworker contacted your gym and I think 2 thoughtworkers will be going to the no-gi sessions soon enough to start. 😀 I have a newborn, no time to do anything ever, lately.

Participant

What is your schedule like Jerry? What time are you offering  MMA? Where are  you training? Do you have a cage?  Who is your new coach? Where was he fighting K1? Was it for the real K1 organization or just K1 rules? I wouldn’t mind coming by and checking it out.

As for Moko, I warned people about him years ago. I knew From the moment that I met him that he was shady. Pancho will regret working with him. I just hope he doesn’t get hurt.

Participant

Just come by and talk to us. cdbjj.org. No cage, not professional, just enthusiasts who needs training. The K-1 level guy is also a crossfit instructor, so in future once we get our own facility, he will teach striking and crossfit, while i will instructor who puts things together for MMA (and of course he will too).

What i mean by K-1 is that he had a few fights in Europe and trained with well known teams during his journey. I am very thankful for him finding cdbjj club and now we will treat him with soo much respect (he is a chengdu local.. Like Moko, but unlike Moko, my dude is humble and a true warrior), since i met him, i can tell he is a good and legit dude… Those body uppercuts he has are just mean.

Participant

Sounds good. I’ll make it a point to come by on Tuesday.

Participant

I just got an invite to some fights that are taking place at Miu tonight. I wonder if this is where the Moko/Pancho match will take place.

Participant

Yes it’s tonight. Got more tix? I want to go. Ill bring the K-1 guy tonight, if he is avail.

Participant

HA, just found out who Pancho is. He came to train with my club a handful of times. Wish him the best of luck tonight and not get hurt in this exhibition match.

Participant

I don’t know. My friend said he was bringing a few other people. I’m on my way to Lan Kwai Fang now. I will meet my friend at 6:30. Here is the phone number on the flyer 028 6519 8999. You can give them a call and see if you can score tickets.  There isn’t a price listed on the flyer.

Participant

I just got comp tix from ‘Pancho’ so it’s ok. Hope i dont have to take a shit around those parks, cuz i had hotpot today… Nuff of my flatulence, see ya at the fights!

Participant

Cool. I’ll see you there.

Participant

Wish ’em luck from Rick, and why you put his name in quotes 😛 Anyone call him Alfonso?

Participant

Everyone involved in “Alfonso’s” fight should be ashamed.  Double Ds on a Chinese girl look more real.  Ko’d on a leg kick!

Participant

Did they announce him as an American with some badass stats? Or any stats. Most importantly, I assume he didn’t get actually hurt — and less importantly, was it the 3rd round?

Participant

They said he was from Mexico. He took a dive in the mid-second round. He wasn’t hurt. There wasn’t much power used by either side. Moko was given some sort of belt.  It’s pretty sad if he gets any students from the performance.

Participant

My bud and I were at Alphonso’s corner. In the 5 minutes when he warmed up with my bud, he learned more than he ever did while training at Moko’s. What we were doing was to help him out so that he wont get hurt too much. Phonz did learn and used some of it in the fight, kept the distance and lead with the left kick. The only thing he did not do was clinch in the first round, which he got rocked.

Other than that, Phonz woulda won the first round and of course in the second, he had to take a dive. I told him to take it to the distance and at the 10 sec mark, open his hands to take a few blows from Moko, but instead he took a kick and went down. Was not his event to win, which he woulda won if it were a ‘fair’ fight. Phonz’ left kick did huge damage and we saw it in Moko stance after each kick.

Good even though, free food, ugly girls and good staged fights. It’s one of those things to say ‘It’s China.’

Keymaster

China: thousands of years of unquestioned martial arts history. Can’t arrange a reasonably fair fight in 2014.

Participant

There’s a UFC card coming up in Macao again in a few months. Can’t remember the exact fighters involved, but it looked pretty mediocre; somewhere between last week’s dreadful Singapore event (although local boy Royston Wee (love that name!) did step up and one of those Australian events featuring, well, nobody significant 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.