Muay Thai – Moko – Fraud

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMuay Thai – Moko – Fraud

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant

One of the BJJ instructors at my club has his good bud in the Ultimate fighter China. It’s the dude from Canada. Same fighter will come to Chengdu to do a seminar in the future.

Participant

A 5 second google revealed:
    UFC Macao. March 1st
    Actually, not a bad card. “Stun Gun” Kim (i thought Eli was joking when i heard that nickname) v Hathaway, plus Menjivar and Mitrione fighting…could tack this onto a HK visa run very nicely….

Participant

When is Albert coming to Chengdu? It’s too bad that he lost his first match on TUF:China, especially since Dong Xin broke his hand in the fight and can’t continue on anyways. Wang Sai has been doing good. He won his first fight and I have a feeling we will be seeing him in the finale. I picked Wang Sai to be the Welterweight winner on the show from the beginning. He’s a very talented athlete and has more experience than most of the other guys. He’s trained a lot with Vaughn in Xian and Ole at Legacy Gym in Thailand and the Philippines. He opened his own gym in Chengdu last summer and brought Ole Laursen, Muslim Salikhov, and a bunch of Dagestan fighters to Chengdu to build the team. I don’t know what they got going on right now, I heard it is being used to train body guards at the moment, but I’m sure once Wang Sai returns it’ll be one of the best training camps in China.

Participant

I do not watch the show, stopped watching since its glorified drama queens for MMA fighters. 6 weeks in a house with nothing but dudes and training, there is nothing productive with that.

Albert maybe coming in the summer, can not guarantee when, but he might come. To visit the other BJJ instructor at my club.

As for the MMA gym in Chengdu, not sure what is going on there, but the guys who opened it is just rich people who are sponsoring the local fighters. They are located outside 3rd ring road South West. Their BJJ program is Checkmat, which they paid some dude lots of money to teach. A few of my students now go there, but when they come back to train with us, they are left in the dust in terms of tech. Just last week, a female fighter from the MMA gym came to train with us. She said that she rarely trains BJJ at her gym and i have not seen her for one year. I expected her skills to improve during that time, but her skills was the same as last years. So not sure what is really going on at their gym.

Participant

That’s a little disappointing to hear about the other gym. I heard that it was backed by Ren Gang, so I expected it to be top notch because he does have money to spend. I was told they had a couple of black belts there a few months back and know for a fact that the guys from Dagestan are beasts. But then again, I have met lots of guys who are talented fighters who do a horrible job as trainers so I wouldn’t be shocked. Maybe you should set up a competition in Chengdu to get noticed by Ren Gang so you can get some funding for your gym.

I know Wang Sai is currently at Legacy in the Philippines, so I guess that says something about the gym in Chengdu. The guys at Legacy are top notch (Ole Laursen, Zebaztian Kadestam, Richie Redman), but I would think he would stay here if he had the same level of competition. Then again, Chengdu isn’t close to being as beautiful as Boracay. While I was at Legacy I had an opportunity to roll with the head trainer Marcus Waters, a black belt under James Brown and Yousef Alirezai,  and found it impossible to pass his guard. He was just on a total different level from anyone I had rolled with before.

All this talk about MMA is getting me excited for your class tomorrow. I can’t wait o meet you guys and learn some new stuff.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.