Vinyl Record Stores in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduVinyl Record Stores in Chengdu?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anybody know where i can find music record stores that sell vinyl records?

or maybe second hand markets where i can find vinyl records?
    thx

Participant

the only place in chengdu i have even seen records is at the ‘yaksa skate shop’ in the avant garde block at chunxi lu (its right next to ‘silver mall’ but underground)

Field trip?? As much as I hate Chunxi Lu I’d be down for a trip out there to check out the store. What’s your impression of it Pika?

Participant

its an awesome shop, sells quite a few things associated with alternate culture / head shop stuff,

but im not sure if its actually any good for vinyls. the first time i went there was a box there, but other times ive been its not been there. They have a load in the windows but im not sure if they are actually for sale/just empty sleves….

Participant

Only time I’ve really seen vinyls getting sold here is after gigs at the little bar. There should be more about considering Guangzhou is the vinyl capital of the world.

Keymaster

There are a few small shops around Chunxi Lu but the records I’ve seen for sale there are really old and dusty, often very expensive also. There’s nothing really here for vinyl listeners, from what I can tell. Shit, even in NYC you have slim pickings for vinyl record shops.

Participant

The NU SPACE store at Mintown (near Kuanzhai Xiangzi) sells a range of new and second hand vinyl records, including local Chinese labels like Maybe Mars and Genjing Records, international alternative music, plus records from touring acts!

Address:
    青羊区奎星楼街55号
    55 Kuixinglou Jie, Qingyang, Chengdu.

Participant

Next to the entrance of the foreign students place at Sichuan University there used to be a vinyl place, for example I found a Depeche Mode German special edition that i resold for 200 USD and they had a ton of other fun stuff…

Anyway… what I want to say is check around… maybe you get some tips here but Ive seen so many vinyl and other music stuff while walking around in Chengdu so be prepared and bring your cash… they might not be at the same place when you come the next time…

Daniel

Participant

If anyone is still looking for record shops there are 2 of them within about 5 minutes walk from the area i now live (roughly hong xin lu kou) around here there is a whole area about record players and music equiptment (microphones, PA systems etc) if anyone needs it i can get a more detailed address of the 2 stores

Participant

If anyone is still looking for record shops there are 2 of them within about 5 minutes walk from the area i now live (roughly hong xin lu kou) around here there is a whole area about record players and music equiptment (microphones, PA systems etc) if anyone needs it i can get a more detailed address of the 2 stores

Hey Pikachu! Would you mind sharing the addresses of the shops you’ve found? Always down to check out some vinyl. Thanks very much!

Participant

I’m very interested, did you ever get an answer from this mans?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.