Natooke Friday Night Group Ride

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionNatooke Friday Night Group Ride

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Friday Night Group Ride

Join us for our weekly group ride setting out from Natooke成都 at 8pm. We are trying out our new Banana Boat for the musical accompaniment so it should be fun fun fun.

Here is a short clip of a test ride with our new bamboo bakfiets, ie front load Dutch cargo bike.

This week we are trying something different with the fast group setting out at 10pm. Anyone who wants to stretch your legs a bit can join us for the later ride, about 30-35km.

Wooosh!

Participant

Not really sure which thread to put this, but its an excellent IAMA. Damn, we’re lucky to have the Natooke guys who can offer service like the guy who did this IAMA….

IamA Bike Shop Mechanic/Salesman AMA! from IAmA

Participant

Thanks for the positive review Ray.  We really do appreciate it.

A huge difference is how we treat business.  For us, our business is growing the community and encouraging more people to explore the joys of cycling.

We treat friends and new faces alike in we hope to treat people in regard to their relation with us, not just as a transaction.  And I’d like to think this shows.

Unless I haven’t had lunch, in which case I tend to be cranky (true bikeshop fact: every bicycle mechanic is by law allotted a monthly quota for surliness.)

By the way: Movie night tonight and Breaking Bad tomorrow.  Come kick it with us and either catch a killer flick or the next in the hottest ongoing TV series as it finishes its final season.

And again, since this made my day, you rock Ray!

Many more of you on chengduliving should be showing these guys some love, in a short time they’ve managed to pull together an awesome budding community around Natooke. I’m personally super thankful, the bike I built with them is by far one of my best purchases in China (or anywhere!), as well as being the most fun I’ve had on a bike after many years riding. I’ll often glance at the bike in my apartment and instantly want to get out on it. 9 times out of 10 I do just that, sometimes even at 1am or so when I know I’ll have the streets to myself. If you’ve never experienced fixed gear, I can’t recommend it enough, and you won’t find anyone more willing to see you get it right than the guys at Natooke.

I’m still holding out for Ray to throw down and see what all the fuss is about!

Participant

My iron horse is due to get it’s annual stealing soon. Then i may go BAMBOO!

Participant

I would like to make a request for the playlist for tomorrow night. Petula Clarke – Downtown

Participant

Excellent recommendation.

Participant

Aaaaaaaaah! I’ve just moved apartments and have spent a bit of coin on moving costs and I want to stop spending and save now but everytime I read these posts in the forum I really want to see what this is all about and am enticed to get in on some of this sweet fixed-gear action and just throw down just a few more of the red Mao’s and live happily ever after in sweet two-wheeled bliss.

Oh dear, oh dear, crazy long-winded, rambling sentence…and I call myself a writing teacher.

Maybe, just maybe. I’ll think about it this weekend. These group rides and what Natooke has created here in Chengdu really are sensational and admirable (responding to Brendan and showin’ some love now).

Larry and Mr. Klink, many thanks!

Participant

Tommy. My whip is far from one of these brightly coloured, beautiful, machines known as a fixed gear. It’s a collapsible piece of shit, with a slow leak and wheels smaller than my forearm. Yet I’m still welcomed, albeit with with stifled laughter, at the weekly bike ride.

Fuck it, I want a fixie.

Participant

Callum: We’re not laughing at the bike.  Just you.

Tommy: You can ride any old thing you like.  We’re just trying to get more folks out cycling.  It’s a nice alternative to hitting up the ol’ haunt on a Friday night (not to say we discourage drinking beer).

We lend our rental out bikes for events like this at no cost, just so long as they’re available and you’ve asked to use it in advance. (The rides have been popular lately and we end up lending out all the bikes we’ve got including our own personal ones.)

Maybe, just maybe. I’ll think about it this weekend.

Well thinking ain’t doing is it matey!!

😉

Participant

Well thinking ain’t doing is it matey!!

;)

Haha! Tis true, tis true.

I’m away from the ‘du on a business trip to Guiyang this weekend, hence, some time and space to think about this.

But the point is made, thinking is better when it leads to action.

Participant

It’s a nice alternative to hitting up the ol’ haunt on a Friday night (not to say we discourage drinking beer).

Hear, hear! I have to agree with that sentiment. Anything to keep one outta the Glamrock.

This has been my exact idea for Friday nights: less boozin’, more two-wheel cruisin’. Definitely much more satisfying.

Participant

I’ve heard you can just borrow a bike from Natooke and join in. Is this true? I want to come with some friends on Friday but I’m the only one without a bike.

Participant

I’ve heard you can just borrow a bike from Natooke and join in. Is this true?

Yes, this is true.  If any of our fleet of rental bikes are available come Friday they tend to get claimed quickly.  Alternatively, we are a bike shop that sells pimp-ass, custom city bicycles of nearly all types, materials, and sizes that are light, fast, and just ooze awesomeness.  Just say’n.

For you, Sir Robert Henry, this week we got you covered.

Participant

Sweet! I may come early and check out the bikes. I’m not an avid cyclist but you never know this may give me the bug. Thanks 😀

Participant

Hey, Larry, will there be an event tonight?

Participant

I hope so. I’m all geared up to go. Every pun intended. Especially as I have none of the gear needed.

Participant

I’ve heard you can just borrow a bike from Natooke and join in. Is this true?

Yes, this is true. If any of our fleet of rental bikes are available come Friday they tend to get claimed quickly. Alternatively, we are a bike shop that sells pimp-ass, custom city bicycles of nearly all types, materials, and sizes that are light, fast, and just ooze awesomeness. Just say’n. For you, Sir Robert Henry, this week we got you covered.

woooooooo,  let me ride your bamboo bike!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 80 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.