Need Advice on Chengdu Cost of Living

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionNeed Advice on Chengdu Cost of Living

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

what kind of lifestyle in Chengdu is 20,000 Yuan after rent going to give me? for expats/and or english teachers in chengdu would that be considered Low or middle or high income? a direct answer would be most helpful.

Thank you for any and all advice in advance. 🙂

20k per month? After rent? You’ll be living dandy if you can afford to spend that money freely. Many expats living in Chengdu get by on a 1/4 of that, rent included.

Poor bastards.

😀

Participant

Get a butler. Actually give me 10 thousand a month and I will be your butler.

Participant

Thanks for the advice. 🙂 hehe happy to hear i’ll be getting by well. ^^

Keymaster

what kind of lifestyle in Chengdu is 20,000 Yuan after rent going to give me? for expats/and or english teachers in chengdu would that be considered Low or middle or high income? a direct answer would be most helpful.

Thank you for any and all advice in advance.

After paying 18,000 rmb for rent you will have to live on a pretty strict budget!

Just kidding. You will be living large in Chengdu with a bankroll like that.

Participant

3k here. Enjoy your caviar.

Participant

3k for what?

Participant

My wage, sorry, I like to advertise that I’m poor. Anyone need a blowjob?

Participant

strong homo.

Participant

20k after rent, i think you can afford not only a butler but also a driver if you want.  🙂  I never spent over 12k a month and that include 2000 for rent, 500 for the utilities, eat out every meals (never cook), some shoppings on Taobao for stupid little things, plus a round trip to HK.  well, this may go up a little bit cos the ticket in high season costs more.   anyway, i just started to think if i could spend that much, i will go for holiday at least once a month too.

Participant

really i could eat out every meal? that would be great! 🙂

Participant

….depends how much that hair is to keep up??? love the ‘pic’.

Participant

The cost of a hair straighter and a comb. ^^ yes i know your reply was in sarcasm. 🙂 hehe i’m just 21 so give the long hair a break. ^^

Participant

Wow 21 and so much money to spend

Participant

It’s from my parents. I’ll just be staying one year in china for a year long vacation. because it’s my dream to go there.  i’ll be going to university when i return to the states. i’ll go to china for one year first talked my parents into it. ^^

Participant

Dude, whichever way you swing you are gonna be popular here. 🙂

Participant

Must be nice, enjoy!

Participant

thanks guys, I like girls. 🙂 I’ll buy you all a beer as thanks when i get there! ^^

Participant

Dude screw Chengdu.  If your on a years vacation head down to Hainan learn to surf no winter to suffer.  Also you could give your parents back 10,000 Yuan a month.  You won’t need 20,000 if your just relaxing everyday.

Participant

Just a friendly reminder, 20k/month may not be considered a big sum of $$ back in where you are from or mine (ie. Hong Kong), it is however quite a lot here to many locals.  say many of them are still making 2k or so/month… this gives you an idea.   Take care well and play low profile.  :p

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.