Neverwinter Game Players?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionNeverwinter Game Players?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Curious if anyone here started playing Neverwinter – a F2P MMO. The combat is pretty awesome imo and connection works fine from China.

Participant

Free to play?

Participant

Free – microtransactions so you can buy stuff in game of course, but I haven’t found any need yet 😀 and it’s lots of fun.. download it and give it a shot if you’ve time – I’m on server “Dragon” playing with a singapore/oceanic group.

Participant
    Participant

Yep – that’s the one..

Participant

@ Rick – the same link that states “Disabled Region
    Our sincerest apologies, we cannot provide service to players in your region or to players using open proxies.”?

Participant

@Merior

I get that when I log in to the NWO forums without VPN, but it plays fine without a VPN from China..I don’t know, maybe the sign-up needs a VPN or something…. I also downloaded directly.

Participant

Hmm doesnt look bad for now. Too bad im too busy with EVE to play anything else 🙂

Participant

@ Rick. After many patient hours I’ve now managed to connect, register, download and install, however, it is impossible to log-in regardless of whether I use a VPN or not. I’ve had the ‘thank you for registering’ email and I have even tried resetting the password to be told ‘your password has now been reset’ or words to that effect but the login screen just reloads for me to try again. I suppose it’s possible that their password database doesn’t get updated until after the weekend but it looks like it’s another one that needs to be uninstalled.

Now checking out EVE…..

Participant

That sucks Merior..I don’t know why it’d be doing that. I know PWO has a weird IGN/handle system, but I log in with my e-mail/password and haven’t had that sort of issue. I play without VPN, since it seems a little faster. Unfortunate you couldn’t give it a try, it’s lots of fun.

I played Eve for a while, it seems like the type of game that can be great fun if you’ve the time to invest in learning to play it well, hope you enjoy it.

Participant

@ Rick – I registered another name, got a screen welcome for that name, logged out and immediately tried to log back in – failure. I suspect it is the nature of my VPN. I did try to contact technical support but that only worked so far before the report form locked.

@ Al the Dead – EVE looks potentially VERY good but I wonder just how much is due to slick advertising – sort of like a sophistocated version of ELITE. Are you still in your free trial session or now on a subscription? If on a subscription, are you using a VPN to secure the ‘UK’ rate or are you stuck with the ‘outside Europe’ rate?

Participant

honestly? honestly perfect world isnt gonna get better than perfect world. imo anyways.

neverwinter is missing a lot of classes and it doesnt seem like there is enough flexibility and variation. of course, they sell it that way but its probably gonna end up going through a set storyline and players may be forced to gear up relatively the same.

rick, for you. you should do eve. i don’t like it; its not my style. but i think that might suit you better. tbh

Participant

I’ve played EVE Eric – tried to get into it, just couldn’t. I’ve played a majority of the MMOs/games around at some point, just some stick and some don’t 😀 I’m still having a lot of fun in NWO, and you’re right – atm there aren’t many classes, but that’s not stopping me from going through the game and having a lot of fun. I’ve not spent any money yet, or felt a need to..

EVE and NWO are completely opposite types of game. I never found much excitement in EVE, whereas the in-combat action in NWO is great fun..one high priority for me also in games is the ability to put it down quickly if I need to without feeling I’m letting down a huge group of people I’m playing with.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.