New Chengdu-Frankfurt Flight in May

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionNew Chengdu-Frankfurt Flight in May

• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoshu.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Really a good news for us,

in may of this year will open a new AirChina line Frankfurt – Chengdu!

Chinahighlights.com

Also, for those who don’t already know. British Airways are opening a flight direct to London from Chengdu on Septmeber the 22nd. More info here.

Participant

Another good news… you think London is cheapest than Frankfurt or same? which factors can make the difference?

Participant

cool, saw the frankfurt flight (3 x per week?) but didn’t see the london flight.

fyi, chengdu will soon begin constructing a new airport in the east (around jianyang) that is supposed to open in 2017 – designed to be 3x the size of shangliu with 5 runways.

in a few years, chengdu will probably have direct flights to many U.S. and European cities.

Keymaster

Awesome news. Hopefully the flight is less than 6k round trip.

Participant

I hope around 5000 kuai with this new lines! utopia?

Participant

Depends on the price. When i travelled to Spain last August it was still cheaper to go via HK, even taking into account the expense of getting there from Chengdu.

British Airways recently held a swanky hoo-ha at Shangri La Hotel to promote the UK-Chengdu flight, inviting ‘big wigs’ and such from across the region. I imagine this flight is going to be baller expensive initially, shortly after which they’ll realise not enough people are taking it (dependent on frequency), and the price will come down. All pie in the sky though until the price is made public.

Participant

This is awesome news as I was planning on flying to Frankfurt in late May. Looks like it costs about $1,000 RT per person.

Participant

继法荷航之前开通的成都到阿姆斯特丹航线之后,昨日,国航宣布,将于今年5月19日开通成都至德国法兰克福往返航班,届时,成都直飞欧洲又多了一个新选择。好消息还不止于此,预计6月成都可直飞巴黎,9月可直飞伦敦,成都到欧洲航线将达4条。

====================================================

May Frankfurt-CD

Jun Paris-CD

Sep London-CD

3 new choices this year~

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.