New Friends in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduNew Friends in Chengdu?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • Author

ps im 20 and in college haha

Hey, I’m glad I found this site! I’m a 19 yr old college student and am going to be studying in Sichuan Daxue for a year starting in September. I’m definitely pumped to meet the locals, but I wouldn’t mind meeting some other expats either. (I do speak some Chinese but my reading is lacking and conversation isn’t as smooth as I’d like it to be. Should be able to get around though.)

Participant

Hello dude,

Nice to know u here. I must to say u re a blockbuster with so many attentions on ur post. As a local from Chengdu, I wanna say welcome to you and hope you can make a success psychologist can cure weak sprit and make everyone on the wonderland.

Enjoy in living in CD.

Hey what’s up guys, I’m 22 and just moved to Chengdu for my job. Hoping to meet with a lot of you guys, as I know nobody here.

Give me a shout at [email protected]

Hope to meet / see you all soon, take care!

Participant

Hello,everyone.

Glad to see u all here. I have been coming here for half a month since my graduation from university. There is still more than half a month to go before my new job gets started. Hopefully i could make new friends here to hange out together,explore this city and etc.

Give me a message if u would like, thanks

Cheers~~

Participant

This thread makes me think @ 35 I’m going to be the oldest expat in Chengdu. LOL

Keymaster

@7 far from it! There are a lot of 50-60+ year old expats in Chengdu. Personally I’m 29 and most of the Chengdu Living contributors (authors) are in our late 20/30’s.

Participant

Hello everyone,

I hope there will still be people come here and read this link. I have just arrived to Chengdu for few days. I will be here for 3 months for an internship. I am currently feeling very outcast and boring here, because I dont speak much Chinese and everyone in the office is doing their own thing. I wish to get to know new people, make some new friends and hopefully that will help me get rid of my homesick feelings.

I am a girl from the U.S (Boston) and my name is Tristy. I can’t wait to meet some of you from here.

Participant

Hey BGirl, if you read the thread, a lot of the places mentioned are good spots to start for meeting people:

Jah bar on the river by the big boat;

Paname near the south gate of sichuan university,

Bookworm on the south end of renmin under the over pass that goes to the airport

and Elias’ house where you can get free beer lao and a meal.

cheers and welcome to chengdu 😉

Participant

Thanks Sacha! I will be at Jah Bar soon 😉

What are people doing tonight/this weekend?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    What are people doing tonight/this weekend?

I’m staying in working on music. I got rained on last night at Jah Bar.

Participant

hello all, i am also new to chengdu and would enjoy meeting some fine people of upstanding character with whom i can imbibe in cheap beer and good eats. i’m a 25-year old canadian girl, have lived in china on and off for a few years, currently residing in yulin and like live music, food and going oot! as i am currently working in an office with all chinese colleagues i’m starving for some expat friends so if you’re up for a drink then let me know.

I’m up for a drink, and my character is probably ok. I only have class to teach on Tuesday mornings right now, so I’m free basically all the freakin time.

Let’s arrange a Chengdu newcomers meet?

Participant

I think that sounds great Ziich! I am so new too.

Let’s shoot for this weekend or even Thursday? The only place I know of now is Machu Picchu where I met up with Charlie. Everyone state their availability?

Also are you really a bgirl, bgirl?

Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m arriving in Chengdu sometime in mid October to teach English for a year. I’ll be all on my tobler-own for a time so I’m looking for English speakers to hang out with as I don’t speak a word of chinese…. Eeek!! Am I cray to think I’ll get by with the basics or should I be trying to learn a bit??

I’m from Ireland and while I look forward to experiencing life and culture in Chengdu and all that stuff, I really just wanna hang out for a while at first and settle into the place. Any suggestions for places with a bit of craic and banter?

😉 Thanks…

Participant

I don’t arrive until next week, so I’m not planning anything yet and don’t have suggestions. Just wanted to post because I’d never heard of the word “craic” in my life & now I’ve seen it twice in the past two days. 🙂

Participant

ziich, i’d be good for thursday night, anytime after 7.30. machu picchu is south yulin area right?

Participant

Ziich Weekend sounds better I dont know where Machu Picchu is, but I am a Bgirl! not sure if it is the kind of bgirl that you thinking about? 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.