New Friends in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduNew Friends in Chengdu?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It’s a small bar that sometimes hosts live music. Its a little smaller and more cozy than the old little bar.

Participant

It’s a small bar that sometimes hosts live music. Its a little smaller and more cozy than the old little bar.

I’ll be there a little later tonight, around 9.

I’ll be there a little later tonight, around 9.

Participant

I’m pretty excited about this German metal/ambient band The Ocean tonight. This is one of the first genuinely interesting bands to come here for a while, and it could be a memorable gig….support live music in Chengdu!

@Tigerkuma: did you make it to see Ocean? From the interview with them on chengdumusic, it looked like it should have been an interesting show.

Participant

@Brendan: it was a brutal gig man. No ambient stuff at all, just dual-guitar riff central. Playing to a less than full house, these guys gave it everything (singer twice jumped from the balcony; that’s pretty damn high at new Little bar). Seemed like a short set, but that’s cos most of their songs are 10 minutes plus! Much respect to these German/Swiss guys….

Ouch. It was the lighting and interactive aspect that held all the promise. Oh well.

Anyone want to get together next weekend?

Participant

jellyfish!

Participant

Anyone near Normal Sichuan Univer on the east side?

Hi!

Just arrived in CD 10 days ago, am a 24 yr old Swede (Chinese ethnic), here for work. Would be really happy to meet some people in the same situation/same age since I’m staying here more than a year and am a very social person 😛 spent the entire last weekend in a hotel room – *wailing*, can’t do another weekend with that!

I’m here with my boyfriend Peter (whom I actually met here on this very forum – thank you Chengdu Living!!) Peter’s an 23 yr old American and has worked here in CD for a year, and now studying at Chuanda.

Likes – travelling, food, snowboarding, fantasy books, people that appreciates “multi-culturalism” and board games 😀

Wanna meet up at Machu Picchu tomorrow (Saturday 15th Oct) night around 8 for drinks? Couldn’t get the picture thingy on this forum to work for me, so as a compensation to recognize me I’ll wear my neon pink Chuck Taylors (in Europe they are called Converse… wierd Americans :P)

Oh almost forgot – contacts!

[email protected]

Ok apparently a little too short of a notice 😛

Participant

Wow this thread is still going on. On Friday I’m headed to Xiong Mao for Yang Bing. In my opinion he had the best set at the Xiong Mao opening weekend. Let me know if you want to go we can share a cab cuz its about 30 RMB each way.

Also a plug tonight for Green Drinks: An environmental discussion with local NGOs, Aide de Action, Giving Hand (yours truly) & Chengdu Urban Rivers Association (CURA)

Monday, 10/17/2011

7:00 pm-9:00 pm

@Bookworm Cafe

Free admission, discount on drinks!

Our speaker this month is Dave Wells. He will be talking about ways to reduce your environmental impact living in China such as using composting worms, pickling your own food and so forth.

Hope to see you all there!

星期一,2011年10月17日

晚上七点到九点

在老书虫咖啡馆举行 (人民南路四段28号, 玉洁东街2号附)

免费参加,酒水享受折扣!

Participant

Jellyfish this friday?

Participant

Dub at Lan Town tonight sounds promising…..

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Dub at Lan Town tonight sounds promising…..

When is that? Do they have a band or DJ playing?

Participant

it’s actually at hemp house at 9.30 tonight..

Participant

xiong mao tonight and tomorrow!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.