new job – F visa? any ideas?

HomeForumsGeneral Discussionnew job – F visa? any ideas?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sorry to bother you guys again but I am weighing up this job offer and have been reading all over this site about the new visa regulations.

I am coming from the UK and have been offered an F visa invitation letter which my employee “will” convert to a Z visa after a few months….

This is what was stated in a previous email:

<span style=”color: #222222; font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; background-color: #ffffff;”>The visa situation is the same, we will supply an invitation letter for you to obtain a business (F) visa and if you qualify for a work visa we will change it once you arrive.</span>

Will this cut it now?

Am I better off just staying home?

Cheers in advance…

Participant

AFAIK F visa still does not allow you to work, so you can make 2+2, right?

Participant

If this is just for a teaching job I would wait until you find someone who offers to start the Z visa process right off the bat. For most any job, actually, that is what I would do. They should be able to get the paperwork started for a Z visa. If they’re offering you anything else it means they want to try to reduce their own risk or their costs in case it falls through. I don’t think you want to work for someone willing to hedge their bets in such a way. I would ask why it is they are only willing to offer an F visa invitation letter. You’re investing a lot in a plane ticket. They should be willing to contribute an equal amount of risk.

Participant

Thanks, I appreciate that Ben 🙂

Participant

That’s not to say you shouldn’t come to China. You should totally come to China. It’s awesome over here. I’ve come over to live here and work under a Z visa two times now. Both times I am very happy I didn’t have to try to set up a Z visa AFTER I arrived. That would be a bit stressful, because you don’t know whether or not you’ll have to fly to Hong Kong or further to finish the process.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.