New to Chengdu Questions

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsNew to Chengdu Questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I am moving to Chengdu in a few months and have a few questions. Do you have problems with internet access? Do you worry about food safety? I don’t know any Chinese now but plan to learn some when I arrive. Do you think I can survive there for the first few months without knowing Chinese?

Thanks,

Keymaster

Hi,

1. Internet is easy enough to set up, although whichever apartment you move into will likely have it already established, the bill will just move to you.
    2. If you use common sense you’ll likely be fine with food safety.
    3. You can survive in Chengdu without speaking Chinese for sure. You should be fine for a few months, but learning even a few sentences in Chinese will make everything much easier for you.

Good luck!

Participant

Hi,

I found an apartment I like. But the house manager requires me to either call or make an appointment. I am in the US now, I don’t speak Chinese and don’t have a Chinese phone number. Is it a good idea to find a third party who can communicate with two sides about the renting and help me with the paper work? If yes, then which company would you recommend and around how much will that service cost?

Thanks,

Participant

Learn the language before you come, why yall white honkey always think people at other countries speak your English ?

Keymaster

Hi, I found an apartment I like. But the house manager requires me to either call or make an appointment. I am in the US now, I don’t speak Chinese and don’t have a Chinese phone number. Is it a good idea to find a third party who can communicate with two sides about the renting and help me with the paper work? If yes, then which company would you recommend and around how much will that service cost? Thanks,

Do you not have any friends or contacts in Chengdu that can help? Most people probably get someone they know or their employer to help with something like this.

Learn the language before you come, why yall white honkey always think people at other countries speak your English ?

A lot of people don’t learn Chinese before they come to China, that is completely normal. And how can you possibly know his race? That’s an ignorant thing to say to a stranger.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.