New Users: Posts Pending Approval

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionNew Users: Posts Pending Approval

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

The good news: we implemented a new spam filter on chengdulivng.com to prevent bots from flooding the forum.

The less-good news: the first post by new users will be picked up for moderation. While this is a little bit of a bummer, it’s better than everyone getting spam in the threads they’re subscribed to, and we’re willing to take that tradeoff.

If you try to post or make a comment and it doesn’t appear right away, it may have gotten caught in the moderation queue. Never fear, we check them regularly and will approve your post so that it will show up right away. If you have a post that has been pending for more than 24 hours, you can comment on this thread and we will take a look.

Participant

hey i commented on one topic yesterday and i havent got it showing on the page. could you check whats going on?

Keymaster

Apologies for the delay. It’s been sorted.

Participant

I just posted a new thread in the jobs and apartment rentals section and it also isn’t showing. Can you please advise?

Keymaster

I just posted a new thread in the jobs and apartment rentals section and it also isn’t showing. Can you please advise?

Yes, that post appears now. Subsequent threads/posts will appear immediately automatically.

Participant

hey i commented on one topic yesterday and i havent got it showing on the page. could you check whats going on, thank you!

Keymaster

hey i commented on one topic yesterday and i havent got it showing on the page. could you check whats going on, thank you!

Yes, that thread is approved, so subsequent posts from your account will appear automatically

Participant

Hey mate, I posted in this thread and my post isn’t showing up.

I want to join in. Please check 🙂

Keymaster

Hey mate, I posted in this thread and my post isn’t showing up. I want to join in. Please check 🙂

It’s approved and the thread appears now – subsequent posts/threads will not require approval

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.