New Years!?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionNew Years!?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Any suggestions for New Years Eve here in Chengdu? Some (proper) Drum & Bass would be awesome, a breakbeat would stand a good 2nd (no dubstep!), and I’d even settle for a slice of Techno!!

I’d also like to avoid overweight Westerners in tuxedos!!

😉

Participant

@hz:

Keep in mind that for most Chinese tonight is nothing special, and when midnight hits, its often silent (depends where you are). The places here that promise “Party! Crazy time!” are invariably shit, so i go for a chilled place with a few close friends. I find that if i have low expectations i generally have a good night. The tunes you’re seeking could be elusive however…

Have a good one!

BTW: just read an article that working out is the best hangover cure…gotta find the motivation tmw morning!

LKF are advertising a techno night, though something tells me this will be hideous! I wonder if anyone here has any input on what to expect there. Im guessing a big slice of dairy product.

As for training the day following large alcohol intake… I’ve tested that a few times myself. As it goes, if you’re in shape, it is believe it or not a good way to gauge your condition. Much of the water from under the skin is out, and your blood vessels are open, which is why you will still see bodybuilders sipping alcohol backstage of a contest. Not exactly recommended, but it almost passes as a good excuse!

You’re training at the University gym, right?

Participant

Man, LKF will have lotsa “talent”, just none of it on the decks! I went to their grand opening, which gave new mention to the word cheesy!

Yeah, i go to the uni gym, which is closed for the next 3 days, so i will probably hit the running field or run at the east lake. I/m not a huge drinker, but i always feel better after a night out if i run or train.

Actually, on second thoughts, LKF…..no, just kidding!

Have a good one man!

Keymaster

Hahaha. I’m at LKF Hong Kong right now. I won’t be here at midnight though, there’s a warehouse party in Kowloon that I’m playing at with DJ Enso, Yao, and Heavy Crew. All of those guys played at Disco Death over the last year in Chengdu.

I have no idea what’s going on in Chengdu tonight. Have fun though, Happy New Year.

Wow… You were not wrong on the cheese front! I expected as much to be fair, but that’s more plastic than I’ve ever seen in one place! A very subdued affair to be honest, but at least there was a countdown to be had. After that, no one really seemed too interested, and it wasn’t all that busy in the first place, so most people disbursed right after. Would be a potential venue for a big party though.

Hope you guys had a good one.

Happy New Year to yous!

Participant

Yeah, the future of that place is kinda uncertain. Earlier this year they had an insane opening party; all you can drink, pop stars, imported DJs (who actually weren’t bad, but few people got into it. Now it seems to be kinda in limbo. It’s always amazing to me how many huge retail developments in Chengdu go broke or struggle (ie. Panda mall, Soho in Kehua bei lu) despite the booming economy. Anyway, a good 2011 to all….

Participant

few New Year’s party this year, maybe the cold weather related.

2010-12-31 to 2011-01-02, New Year party was held in china’s lane, 2011 forever young

http://www.douban.com/event/13235045/

next friday, will have Panda club’s “2011 panda new year celebration party ” in Paris Coffee

http://www.douban.com/event/13250287/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.