No more F-visas for freelancers?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionNo more F-visas for freelancers?

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

I have also made the run to Erlian and crossed over to Mongolia. Thats cheaper than going to HK. Made a short holiday and went to the grasslands first and went to Erlian by bus. They also have a small airport there. It was only a few hundred rmb to fly to Beijing. Would be cheaper to fly to Chengdu from there.

I have also made the run to Erlian and crossed over to Mongolia. Thats cheaper than going to HK. Made a short holiday and went to the grasslands first and went to Erlian by bus. They also have a small airport there. It was only a few hundred rmb to fly to Beijing. Would be cheaper to fly to Chengdu from there.

Participant

Be very careful listening to advice as it must be current advice and it is often specific to nationality. At the moment there are visa sgents in Kowloon who will give 6 months multiple entry F visas for HK 2000 but this only applies to certain nationalities such as Australians.

Participant

Be very careful listening to advice as it must be current advice and it is often specific to nationality. At the moment there are visa sgents in Kowloon who will give 6 months multiple entry F visas for HK 2000 but this only applies to certain nationalities such as Australians.

Participant

Thanks everyone! The agency with the awesome website that Vincent posted got me a F visa for 2000 HKD. I can recommend them. Their website(http://www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk) didn’t give me the impression of them being a very serious visa agency but they are very professional. Had people coming in all the time picking up mainland visas. Seems like visas are not available for all nationalities, but for me as a swede it was no problem. Also saw Canadian and Spanish people pick up visas.

I got my passport with a 6 months multi-entry F visa back after a few hours. Handed it in at 13:00, picked it up at 18:00. Seems like the process sometimes takes another day though.

Participant

Thanks everyone! The agency with the awesome website that Vincent posted got me a F visa for 2000 HKD. I can recommend them. Their website(http://www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk) didn’t give me the impression of them being a very serious visa agency but they are very professional. Had people coming in all the time picking up mainland visas. Seems like visas are not available for all nationalities, but for me as a swede it was no problem. Also saw Canadian and Spanish people pick up visas.

I got my passport with a 6 months multi-entry F visa back after a few hours. Handed it in at 13:00, picked it up at 18:00. Seems like the process sometimes takes another day though.

Thats good news for you Niklas. How long is each stay for your 6 month F visa?

Participant
    Quote:

No restriction 🙂

Keymaster
    Quote:

That is great news. How much was the charge? I’m guessing between 2-3,000?

Participant
    Quote:
    That is great news. How much was the charge? I’m guessing between 2-3,000?

2000 HKD, so roughly 1600 yuan. It’s a bargain…

According to my research and experience it seems like 5000 is standard for a NEW 6 months multi-entry F-visa, and around 3000 for renewals.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    2000 HKD, so roughly 1600 yuan. It’s a bargain…

According to my research and experience it seems like 5000 is standard for a NEW 6 months multi-entry F-visa, and around 3000 for renewals.

Definitely a bargain! Congrats and thanks for sharing this info.

Participant

After nearly 10 months of “volunteering” I officially have a working visa/ residence permit and one of those weird passport looking employment licenses. w00t too bad now I’m in the planning my grand escape from china

Tell us more, you can get a resident permit by being a volunteer? How does that work exactly?

Participant

Basically my manager at the NGO paid me out of her pocket before I was officially recognized as an employee by our sponsor.

My official title was a “volunteer”

There is no volunteer for visa scheme so far as I know.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.