Notification: Forum Updated

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionNotification: Forum Updated

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Just to give everyone a heads up: if you haven’t noticed, Chengdu Living has been updated. If you’re experiencing any problems with the site, feel free to send me a private message through the forum or via email ([email protected]) and I’ll be happy to help you out.

Update on Spam Prevention:

We implemented a new spam filter on chengdulivng.com to prevent bots from flooding the forum.

As a result, the first post by new users will be picked up for moderation. While this is a little bit of a bummer, it’s better than everyone getting spam in the threads they’re subscribed to, and we’re willing to take that tradeoff. Once your first post is approved, you will not longer need approval for any subsequent posts.

If you try to post or make a comment and it doesn’t appear right away, it may have gotten caught in the moderation queue. Never fear, we check them regularly and will approve your post so that it will show up right away. If you have a post that has been pending for more than 24 hours, you can comment on this thread and we will take a look.

Participant

Hi Charlie, I don’t know if my problem is related to the update, but I can’t seem to be able to make a new post. Could you help me look into this? Thanks a lot!

Keymaster

Hi Charlie, I don’t know if my problem is related to the update, but I can’t seem to be able to make a new post. Could you help me look into this? Thanks a lot!

Generally when this happens, one of two things is happening:

1. You aren’t selecting a forum section for your post (General, Marketplace etc)
    2. Your post includes phrases which have automatically (incorrectly) marked it as spam, preventing it from appearing. If you think this has happened to you, send me a PM through the forum or email [email protected] and I’m happy to help you out.

I checked the spam filter and found your post, so it’s visible now!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.