Old Chengduers and Their New Life

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionOld Chengduers and Their New Life

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@charlie (master mod),

Hey charlie,

I’m wondering if you have any plans to have a podcast or article on some of the foreigners that went back home, especially those that had families which is often the reason for some to go back.  I think there was someone that worked with u on this website that had a couple of kids and went back a year or two ago,  and I’m sure there are others.    I would love to read/hear about their life back home, the adjustments, how the kids and wife adjusted, etc. and if they felt it was the right decision or not, that kinda stuff.

I would guess there are others that have children and a spouse here that contemplate the move and all the issues that go along with that.  If so perhaps they would chime in.

Keymaster

This is a great idea for a podcast or interview, and is something I have thought a lot about. I sent a link to this post to Sascha, who is the person who you are thinking of, who has been in the states for a few years after leaving Chengdu. Thanks for the suggestion, I haven’t been able to make it happen yet but I am working on it!

Participant

I took my family back to the States from 2013 until 2015. I’d be interested in joining Sascha in a chat.

Participant

@charlie,

great.

@colin,

I just watched a few of ur vids on FB, and was thinking if I should suggest ur name to charlie because I thought u had gone home. “until 2015”, u are back in china? That would also be very interesting.

I brought up this subject because I keep going back and forth over this issue re: my family.

anyhoo, will be great to read everyone’s stories.

Keymaster

I spoke to Sascha and we have arranged a time to talk about this. Since that is already in motion I will do that first but Colin I will contact you also since potentially there is a lot of depth to this subject.

Thanks again for the suggestion @djrtrekker

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.