Old Map of Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionOld Map of Chengdu

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I found  a map of Chengdu circa 1989, and gosh darn it looks like a different place. There’s but one ring road, not even named as such, and one railway station. There’s a machine plant where I live, and Dojo is hidden beneath the key.

What can you find?

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/world_cities/txu-oclc-20097161.jpg

Participant

Since you linked it I have to ask, are you from Austin?

Participant

Sorry man, Liverpool. This is just a product of a link-train.

Participant

Which part of Liverpool?

Participant

I’m originally from a satellite town, Runcorn. But I’ve been living in the city centre for two years.

Why do you ask, Ian?

Participant

Because I’m from Liverpool.

Participant

Super cool find.  The map that is.  Not the fact that you two are from Liverpool.

Participant

No  I’m from Liverpool.  Callum is from Runcorn.

Keymaster

Really cool old map! I bet that Chengdu at that time would be unrecognizable to us.

Super cool find. The map that is. Not the fact that you two are from Liverpool.

hahahah

Participant

No I’m from Liverpool. Callum is from Runcorn.

And here I thought I could avoid getting called a wool, in China.

Participant

A friend of mine who grew up in Tongzilin back in the 60’s and 70’s told me that back then it was just another poor part of the city in the outskirts, and the people who lived in the center didn’t even consider it to be a part of the city.

What I’d like to see is a map of Chengdu 100 years ago.

Keymaster

A friend of mine who grew up in Tongzilin back in the 60′s and 70′s told me that back then it was just another poor part of the city in the outskirts, and the people who lived in the center didn’t even consider it to be a part of the city. What I’d like to see is a map of Chengdu 100 years ago.

Surely there couldn’t have been a not poor part of Chengdu during that time period!

I would also love to see a really old map of Chengdu.

Participant

What I’d like to see is a map of Chengdu 100 years ago.

The only other one that i’ve found is part of some dude’s travel blog. Although it appears that this is on display at Kuan Zhai Xiang Zi. I’d like to get up there and snap a nice, high resolution picture of this.

Does anyone know what the chances are of getting a digital copy from management at a place like this?

Participant

Its old, but I guess there are many spot there remains still, if that would be more than 50 years old map, for sure you cannot recognize some places now. Anyway, still valuable, have that one printed in digital copy and keep the original safe instead. Try http://www.digiteksf.com/digital-printing/, for better reproduction.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.