Online Games in China

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionOnline Games in China

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys! New here to Chengdu, was wondering if any of you fellas knew any english online games to play here in China? I tried playing with my neverwinter account here but I can never seem to get it to log on. Just something to pass the time during the week, appreciate any feedback.

Cheers!

KC

Participant

For play Neverwinter you need a VPN because China isn’t an area available for this game. Sometimes I play online World of Tanks because I can have a decent ping here but I miss BF3 and more…

Participant

Shucks, worked my way up to a pretty decent level back home and now I can’t play haha. I’m more of a COD guy myself but I feel yah. Thanks for the tip though, imma check out that VPN thingy

Participant

Ahahahah internet speed and the great firewall make us crazy in China! …about VPN i’m using Astrill and is great (i feel better than StrongVPN) but you must buy 3months package…

See you bro

Participant

tencent LoL is decent.

Participant

LOL is taking forever to download here. I don’t know if its the region or what. I’ll still give it a shot though. Thanks!

Keymaster

If you can avoid it, I wouldn’t connect to a VPN when playing games online in China unless you absolutely have to. In most cases it will result in a lot of lag. I don’t play games online anymore really but games I have played online that I know work here without VPN:

– Counter Strike (new and old versions)
    – Starcraft 2
    – Almost all Steam games on PC/Mac, like Call of Duty and Left 4 Dead

When Starcraft 2 came out a lot of us on the forum were playing it, same with Diablo 3. Those work without issue, fast enough to not worry about latency, really.

Participant

tencent LoL is decent.

Sure, Tencent is local service, so haven’t problem about internet line…

- Counter Strike (new and old versions)
    – Starcraft 2
    – Almost all Steam games on PC/Mac, like Call of Duty and Left 4 Dead When Starcraft 2 came out a lot of us on the forum were playing it, same with Diablo 3. Those work without issue, fast enough to not worry about latency, really.

Charlie, add me on Steam “cpt. nathan bride” I have some game to share together…

Participant

Crap, the laptop I brought to China is kinda old and it doesn’t have the capacity to play SC2. I think bringing my desktop over would’ve made me look like a fool at the airport haha. Well, guess all I can do now is play some less than quality games for the time being or buy a new computer over here. In the meantime, ill see if what games Steam will let me play in the ever-so-reliable laptop of mine.

Federico,downloading Astrill now. *fingers crossed* Thanks for the tip again bud. about 30usd for 3 months. Hope it was well worth it haha

Participant

Crap, the laptop I brought to China is kinda old and it doesn’t have the capacity to play SC2. I think bringing my desktop over would’ve made me look like a fool at the airport haha. Well, guess all I can do now is play some less than quality games for the time being or buy a new computer over here. In the meantime, ill see if what games Steam will let me play in the ever-so-reliable laptop of mine. Federico,downloading Astrill now. *fingers crossed* Thanks for the tip again bud. about 30usd for 3 months. Hope it was well worth it haha

Ahahahahah my same problem! I’m “dreaming” a desktop in China…. please send to me an email man, I will help you and give more information…

Participant

Thanks Federico, hit me up at [email protected]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.