Outdoor Movie Night, Sunday 5/26

HomeForumsIn ChengduOutdoor Movie Night, Sunday 5/26

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

A day after the Mega House Party in Flower Town, we’re hosting another outdoor movie night:

About Big Trouble in Little China

While kung fu warriors and otherworldly spirits battle over the fate of two women, Russell’s swaggering idiot manages to knock himself out or underestimate the forces he’s dealing with. Jack Burton, a tough-talking, wisecracking truck driver whose hum-drum life on the road takes a sudden supernatural tailspin when his best friend’s fiancee is kidnapped. Speeding to the rescue, Jack finds himself deep beneath San Francisco’s Chinatown, in a murky, creature-filled world ruled by Lo Pan, a 2000-year-old magician who mercilessly presides over an empire of spirits. Dodging demons and facing baffling terrors, Jack battles his way through Lo Pan’s dark domain in a full-throttle, action-riddled ride to rescue the girl. 

This movie will be in English with Chinese subtitles, so bring your Chinese friends and introduce them to this masterpiece of 1980’s cinema.

Here’s the movie trailer on Youtube:

About the Banana Boat

We just got the Banana Boat fully functional, so we didn’t post the last movie night publicly while we tested gear. The Banana Boat is our completely music and movie setup, built into a rickshaw. We cycle somewhere, stop, and within 5 minutes we’re watching movies or playing music.

Here’s a photo of last weekend when we watched The Karate Kid:

The previous place that we used is available, so we can go there, but we’re scouting new locations now as well, which is why we suggest meeting at the Natooke Bicycle Shop at 7:30pm. The location we went to last time is a 5-minute walk from the shop.

for the lols!

Participant

Damn, saw this in the cinema as a 14 y.o. Big Kurt Russell fan (he will always be Snake Plissken to me) and John Carpenter is one of my favorite directors. This flick is awesome in a so-bad-its-good way, and the sketchy Chinese stereotypes (wise old man, whispy beard) are classic…the funky theme song is possibly the worst in the history of cinema. Great choice.

Participant

Summer’s here! Take it in!

Keymaster

Damn, saw this in the cinema as a 14 y.o. Big Kurt Russell fan (he will always be Snake Plissken to me) and John Carpenter is one of my favorite directors. This flick is awesome in a so-bad-its-good way, and the sketchy Chinese stereotypes (wise old man, whispy beard) are classic…the funky theme song is possibly the worst in the history of cinema. Great choice.

This movie is awesome! I can’t wait to see it on Sunday, I haven’t seen it in many years. All I remember is the 2,000 year old villain with the wispy beard and the kung fu Raiden character who shoots lightning.

Come out and bring friends!

Participant

I’d LOVE to go watch Herb Brooks kick ass and take names in California!

Count me in.

Keymaster

I’d LOVE to go watch Herb Brooks kick ass and take names in California! Count me in.

Awesome. This will be a weekly event by the way that we will continue through the summer on Sunday nights.

Keymaster

Some photos from last week, compliments of Shinichi:

Participant

remember to bring bug spray!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.