Part-Time Bartending in Chengdu?

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsPart-Time Bartending in Chengdu?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone know if it’s possible to do some part-time bartending while in Chengdu? I’ll be interested in finding some additional part-time work when I get there and thought that might be a great way to make a little extra money and meet more people.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance!

Participant

Hi I think you may go to the place where there’re lots of bars like 九眼桥, you may go and ask the owner about the hiring, wish you succeed.

Dear sentient_burrit0,

Competent bar personnel are always in demand, just depends on the wage you’re willing to work for. If you’re foreign you’ll have a hard time pricing out locals and other low-wage workers, but I know a couple ppl who do this, so if you can prove you can earn your keep I’m sure you’ll have no trouble.

Keymaster

If you’re interested in meeting new people, this could be a great way to do it. I don’t think it will be hard to find opportunities. However, the going rate for a Chinese bartender is probably not enough for you to live on, so I wouldn’t count on making a livable income from it. I would first explore bars in the city, find a few that you like, and meet the owners and say you’re interested in helping out. Good luck

Participant

Ah, you guys are amazing. Thanks so much for all the helpful information!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.