Paypal China Can No Longer Send USD?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPaypal China Can No Longer Send USD?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I’ve been sending small amounts of USD on a regular basis from a Chinese Paypal account to an American Paypal account on a semi-regular basis, but when I tried today it seems it’s no longer possible. The error message is “Sorry, you can send only U.S. Dollars with American Express.”

Anyone else notice this?

Participant

That sucks, I stopped using paypal since it uses 5% feels for round trip. Bitcoin is better and easier I think.

Keymaster

That sucks, I stopped using paypal since it uses 5% feels for round trip. Bitcoin is better and easier I think.

Yeah, I think you are right, although for small amounts Paypal is a lot less hassle. I haven’t used BTC China in a while but I think that is what I will use now.

Participant

What websites/tools do you use to manage your bitcoin? How does one get started?

Keymaster

What websites/tools do you use to manage your bitcoin? How does one get started?

There are many different services which you can use, I use CoinBase which is US-based and BTC China. Google them and you can find all the info. Essentially what you will be doing is purchasing bitcoins in China with RMB and then exchanging them for a different currency elsewhere. The main hassle is purchasing bitcoin in China, which is a bit convoluted because of government controls on currency.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.