Photos: Weekend in Chongqing

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPhotos: Weekend in Chongqing

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I went to Chongqing over the weekend to do a show and had a great time. If you haven’t been to Chongqing and you live in Chengdu, you should really make some time to that. The chaos and majesty of Chongqing is really something.

Here’s a link to check them out: Photos: Weekend in Chongqing

A couple quick previews:

fish-forum.jpg

conrank-forum.jpg

street-forum.jpg

hongyadong-forum.jpg

Participant

Nice photos! I stayed at hostel near to photo number 6 and some dude was wailing on that bridge with a hammer all night. Drove me nuts.

And those stairs. Stairs everywhere. Last July every nook and cranny was plastered with photos of that armed robber who was on the run. Exciting times.

Will have to check out the hot springs next time.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I stayed at hostel near to photo number 6 and some dude was wailing on that bridge with a hammer all night. Drove me nuts.

When I checked in they told me they got me a room on the 安静 (quiet) side. I think there’s construction going on all around that area, still.

Quote:
    Will have to check out the hot springs next time.

Oh definitely. I didn’t know this previously, but Chongqing is apparently famous for hot springs. I found one about 40 minutes outside of the city which was real nice, cost 59 yuan for all-outdoor hot spring. I didn’t take my camera through there really, the only photo I got was of the main pool that was very large. There were many smaller ones, including one pool that was filled with those tiny fish that nibble on you. Good times.

Participant

The b&w set knocks it out of the park.

Have to go there sometime!

Participant

Great photos! Thank you for sharing! The one with destroyed bridge is awesome.

What’s the camera? Are you using any post processing software?

Black & White’s are nice.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Have to go there sometime!

Yes, you must. I saw a few cyclists there over the weekend although they are few and far between.

Quote:
    Great photos! Thank you for sharing! The one with destroyed bridge is awesome. What’s the camera? Are you using any post processing software?

Thanks, the camera I use is the Fuji x100 which I briefly reviewed here. I use Lightroom to organize and edit all my photos, it’s great.

Participant

I think it’s 洪崖洞, right? 🙂

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I think it’s 洪崖洞, right? 🙂

Yup, exactly! Cool place.

Participant

Yeah, unique and cool place.:)

Participant

Check out http://www.theatlantic.com Has some awesome China pics. Even a hipster! (sorry, this Luddite hasn’t worked out how to link…)

Participant

You have good eyes Charlie, nice photos!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Check out http://www.theatlantic.com Has some awesome China pics. Even a hipster! (sorry, this Luddite hasn’t worked out how to link…)

Are you talking about this recent article? China: Portrait of a People. Some really nice portraits.

Participant

@Charlie: yeah that’s it. The Atlantic has really upped it’s China coverage recently…

Participant

I still think my photographs of Chinese portraits are much better

The faces of China

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I still think my photographs of Chinese portraits are much better

hahahah

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.