Photowalk – Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPhotowalk – Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The Chengdu Photography Club are meeting in Tianfu Square for their first ‘Photowalk’ next Sunday 12th May at 2.00pm by the fountains in front of Mao’s statue. Since there is no formal membership of the Club, it is open to anyone including non members and partners and those who would simply like to make new friends.

The direction of travel will be chosen by those present at 2.00pm so be on time. Dress for the weather, wear comfortable shoes and you are advised to travel light with one camera and one lens – but it’s entirely up to you if you are feeling competitive and want to bring all your lenses.

For those who would like to become a regular member and keep up to date with Club activities etc by email, log into yahoo and register on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CDphoto/

Don’t forget to bring a camera!

Participant

buzinga=,.=

Keymaster

This sounds like fun, a photo walk is a good idea. I will join if I can, I am hosting some guests from HK that weekend, but the weather should be great.

Participant

Will try to show up.

Participant

@ Charlie – bring the guests and show them some of the city.

@ Slavsky – Just do it. If I can get permission from the boss to go out and play unsupervised then you should have no problem.

Participant

looks fun though, i may go ~~

and i also organize some photographer to take photos for chinese girls(one of my job)…u know..they like that kind of event…welcome you guys next time, if u want to. sometimes i will have free trip to the place around chengdu.

weibo:

http://weibo.com/chengcen18

cellphone number:13666161948

Participant

Ill be there too. Looking forward.

Participant

@ Emily – pretty girls are always welcome especially when they want to act as free models to pose for the lens. Better yet if they can carry some of my lenses.

@ Pardhu – I expect nothing less.

Participant

Who is going today?

Participant

I couldn’t find anybody because they had closed the square

Participant

@ Ian – Sorry to hear that you missed us. Where the dog handler in the picture was walking is roughly where we should have been waiting which was on the north side of the Square. But we were actually waiting on the pavement/sidewalk where the picture was taken from. Since that was roughly 20 meters from the designated meeting place we figured that people would still find us find us. We stuck it out for 20 minutes for latecomers but got politely booted off by the Police who were getting a bit nervous of our cameras even though we were trying not to take pictures of them. We then migrated to People’s Park out of the heat.

We will be having similar events and under consideration at the moment are ‘Night Lights of Chengdu’ (to avoid the sun) and ‘Ancient Town (or not)’. If you have not already signed up to receive emails from the Club then please feel free to do so. Simply login to Yahoo and go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CDphoto/ where you can sign up and designate an email box (other than yahoo if you prefer) that we can contact you on.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster

I cycled past Tianfu Square this weekend and cops were everywhere! It’s good (and kind of surprising) that you guys were able to meet there and take some photos. I signed up to subscribe to email updates for the Yahoo group, I would like to join next time.

Participant

It was hot and crowded with loud music. We spent few hours walking through the park and got some decent shots. I mostly got portraits. Here’s one. He screamed, said something and walked away. That’s what I wanted. Hahaa

Attachments:
    Participant

@ Pardhu – you were in Lonely Hearts Corner so he probably thought that you were a Private Detective working for his wife. But couldn’t you have asked him to repeat his abuse so that you could catch it on camera?

Participant

Do you guys have a flickr group?

Participant

@ Ian – not flicker but smugmug.

Keymaster

Really nice photos you got on this photo walk – I saw some of Pardhu’s on Weixin this morning.

Pardhu, what kind of lens were you using? Did you guys approach people in the park and ask to take their portraits?

Participant

I did approach people but then I’m smaller and more susceptible to damage than Pardhu. I got good responses simply by pointing to the camera, pointing at them and saying “ching?”. Suprisingly my best shot came from a posed shot by a labourer rather than a natural shot. I should have just concentrated on the faces and ignored the scenery.

Participant

Charlie, I used 70-300 mm on this walk. Most of the portraits were shot at 70mm, so not too close and not too far from the subjects. I didnt approach anyone, just stood in front and clicked while they stared at me. just one guy screamed and walked away 😀

i got his pic as well. Lol

Participant

Bob. I got one pic of the laborer as well.

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.