Photowalk – Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPhotowalk – Chengdu

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Tried meeting up with you guys, but was surprised with hundreds of police at Tianfu Square. That delayed my arrival at the designated spot and then, like has been said here, that wasn’t a place to hang around. I had a good time wandering around anyway and taking some shots, but would have been interested to see where you were going and meeting people. I don’t have anything fancy for a camera, but it’s given me some good results. Are you posting your next outing here? Schedule permitting, I’d like to join.

While I was at Tianfu Square area, I asked a shop owner there about all the police. He said there was rumored to be a labor protest and the police were there to well, supervise it or whatever you call that.

Participant

@ Julian09 – The police seemed to be under the impression that their turnout was intended to discourage would be protestors of the petrochemical development to the north of the city.

If you want to stay in touch with what the Chengdu Photography Club’s activities are then sign up on their Yahoo site – see the first post in this thread. The only reason to post on Chengduliving is to promote the Club’s existence and I cannot guarantee that that will happen every month. If you sign up as a member then you will see that there have been emails sent to all members, the contents of which have not been posted on this site.

Participant

Thanks, Merior. I’ll check it out.

Participant

On Sunday the 16th June at 6.00 pm (next weekend) the Chengdu Photography Club are scheduled to meet for another photowalk. Meeting place is in Starbucks a short walk inside the Jinli Street entrance gate on the left hand side. The walk will start at 6.00pm with or without you.

Non members are welcome but since it costs nothing to join then you are advised to log into Yahoo and go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CDphoto/register where you can sign up to automatically receive notifications of all the Club’s activities.

Meanwhile, for those who are not familiar with Jinli Street, here is a link that will fill you in and even give you a map plus the address in Chinese to point a taxi driver in the right direction:

Jinli Pedestrian Street

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.