Pizza is Coming: Game of Thrones Viewing Party

HomeForumsIn ChengduPizza is Coming: Game of Thrones Viewing Party

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We’re having a game of thrones viewing party this Monday (and each subsequent up to the end of the season) at Machu Picchu. 100 inch screen from a projector with surround sound.  Were at about 7 or 8 people right now but lots of room for more and very welcome to newcomers. One thing: if you read the books and incidentally speak a spoiler, no matter how inconsequential, we have to chop off your head. But good news is no fatalities so far! Here are the details:

Last weeks episode on at 8 pm sharp.

New episode on at 9 pm.

Free popcorn.

Discount handmade pizzas. ( veggie pizza 25 yuan)

Drinking games optional, but encouraged. “Drink every time Joffrey smirks at…oh wait.”

Pizza is coming.

Participant

Friend is interested but needs Chinese subtitles…have?

Participant

有!have.

Participant

I’m interested but need explanatory English subtitles:
    ie. (This is John Snow. He’s a good guy. This is Hound. He’s sometimes good). I have trouble following the plots….:)

Participant

I personally enjoy figuring that out as a series progresses, but we have plenty of knowledgeable individuals who would be glad to give you the lowdown on character motives, current plot arcs, past plot arcs, which character really loves eating chickens, which prefers a nice juicy rack of human thigh, and so on. Just make sure to get there a bit early to ask, or do it between episodes. The plot is understandably difficult to follow at times.

Participant

Alternatively, here are some handy websites to gander at:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/

Keymaster

Alternatively, here are some handy websites to gander at: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/

Yeah, these are good to read if you watch Game of Thrones regardless. There are so many characters and so much going on at once in this show I can’t imagine anyone not benefitting from reading the Wikia entry.

Can’t wait for tonight’s episode. GoT is in another era now with what happened in the last episode…

Participant

Hi Towelie,

I’m really interested in coming tonight but haven’t seen the first episode from season 4 yet. Am I right in thinking you are playing episodes two and three of season 4 tonight, or are they episodes one and two?

Participant

Yeah, Simeon. episodes 2 and 3. If you happen to have a VPN though, a simple googling of “watch game of thrones online” will give you decent quality, provided you have a good connection.

Participant

This sounds fun…my move into the city can’t come soon enough!

Participant

Thanks Towelie. If I can find and watch the first episode before 7:30 I’ll come over tonight. If not I should be able to catch up by next week and come next Monday for GoT night.

Participant

Last night was a lot of fun, thanks to all who came out. This morning I found another amazing resource for following GoT. An interactive mothereffing map of Westeros. You can follow character paths, progress by chapter if you’re a book reader or episode if you’re a series watcher, and there’s a clever spoiler preventer that prevents you from inadvertently coming upon information you shouldn’t, depending on how far you’ve read or seen.

http://quartermaester.info/

Participant

Do you dress up as your favourite characters?

Participant

Participant

Chengdu is suspiciously lacking in Renaissance era duds. That being said, if you do manage to string together a costume, you’ll be the sole individual with a claim to the throne, and we shall all rally to your side with our disheveled house banners and bathe you in rum and ale and free popcorn. We were talking about having a costume night but, seriously, it’s effing hard finding clothes like that. You could come naked and say you’re a worker at Little Fingers brothel. Or just come hungover with blue contacts and say you’re a white walker.  In the latter case though, your communication would be restricted to screeches and moans, but the esteem of your peers would be boundless.

Keymaster

You guys could do a GoT drinking game with an updated version of something like this:

Participant

Thats a sweet idea, Charlie.  Were also playing around with the idea of a royal flip cup tournament post-viewing, the winners taking the flip cup throne for a week.. Haven’t asked Hise about this though. that long table of his is ideal, don’t know how excited he is about the prospect of a beer laden table afterwards though, as inevitably happens with these things.

Participant

The fifth season of the fantasy drama television series is finally upon us, fine folk of Chengdu. It adapts material from A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons, the fourth and fifth novels in George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Fire and Ice series, and turns them into glorious spectacles of skull-crushing and orgy-having with generous portions of blood spilled in between.

Machu Picchu 2 will be showing each new episode from April 13th on at 9 p.m. with the last episode before it preceding it at 8 p.m. (in which case here would be the Season 4 finale)  If you need to brush up on who’s f*cking who, literally and metaphorically, take a good, long gander at the wiki (http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_Wiki) and hopefully we’ll see you at Machu.

Oh, and…

FREE POPCORN! (BOOM)

15 YUAN OFF PIZZAS! (POW)

Take that 1-2 combo and put it in your gullet, fine folks.

Participant

A HDTV copy has already been released. Da da dun nun da da dun nun da da dun nun nun na naaaaaa.. 😀 Actually, the first 4 episodes.

Participant

Hello 🙂 i just moved to chengdu about a month and a half ago. Would love to meet new faces. Is the invite extended to all?. Im still very new here so not too sure where everything is.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.