Pizza Mandolino & Mike's Pizza Kitchen

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPizza Mandolino & Mike's Pizza Kitchen

• This topic has 98 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoDan.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Quote:
    Sardine Pizza is a good place. Wayy cheaper than Mikes. The quality of the sauce in Sardine Pizza (Sardine or Sardina?) is meh, but they do not skimp on the toppings. Also its in Tibetan town, support their cause?

Where is this place exactly? Tibetan town, as in around wuhuoci?

Participant
    Quote:
    Sardine Pizza is a good place. Wayy cheaper than Mikes. The quality of the sauce in Sardine Pizza (Sardine or Sardina?) is meh, but they do not skimp on the toppings. Also its in Tibetan town, support their cause?

Where is this place exactly? Tibetan town, as in around wuhuoci?

Participant

http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/listings/item/sar_31814/sardinia_pizza

Hope this helps.

Sardinia Pizza

撒丁比萨

16 Wuhouci Heng Jie, Chengdu

成都武侯祠横街16号

Phone: (028) 85590492

Though if you order, do not have it delivered, last time i had a kid who was no more than 12 years old deliver it. I would never trust kids to deliver food, let alone pizza…

Participant

http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/listings/item/sar_31814/sardinia_pizza

Hope this helps.

Sardinia Pizza

撒丁比萨

16 Wuhouci Heng Jie, Chengdu

成都武侯祠横街16号

Phone: (028) 85590492

Though if you order, do not have it delivered, last time i had a kid who was no more than 12 years old deliver it. I would never trust kids to deliver food, let alone pizza…

In Tibet area (near JINLI 锦里) there are many Tibetan restaurant very native. Food is delicious. I love the Milk Tea and the yogurt really delicious. Prices are not expensive but anyway if you want support their cause not care about.

Any case if you really want a Pizza just go to Pizza Mandolino Ye…

In Tibet area (near JINLI 锦里) there are many Tibetan restaurant very native. Food is delicious. I love the Milk Tea and the yogurt really delicious. Prices are not expensive but anyway if you want support their cause not care about.

Any case if you really want a Pizza just go to Pizza Mandolino Ye…

Participant

There’s also a Chinese pizzeria called “A BOLUZA”. It’s somewhere behind Carrefour near Tongzilin. In one of the alleys of the complex with the indoor football field.

I’ve been there like 5 times so far. Really good pizza imo. Extremely friendly waiters as well.

I’m not a big Mandolino’s fan either btw.

Participant

There’s also a Chinese pizzeria called “A BOLUZA”. It’s somewhere behind Carrefour near Tongzilin. In one of the alleys of the complex with the indoor football field.

I’ve been there like 5 times so far. Really good pizza imo. Extremely friendly waiters as well.

I’m not a big Mandolino’s fan either btw.

It was overpriced but the pizza is delicious.

Mikes Pizza just seemed to have raised the prices by roughly 20 percent. Its not that expensive but I was surprised nevertheless.

Is the price change reflected on their website?

Yup. I checked after I was charged 60 instead of 50 at the door.

Its not adresssed in their blog though.

Participant

i want a little cesars here…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Mikes Pizza just seemed to have raised the prices by roughly 20 percent. Its not that expensive but I was surprised nevertheless.

Still worth it in my opinion. Mike’s is the best pizza I’ve had in Chengdu since Mutt’s Nutts stopped delivering a few years ago.

Quote:
    i want a little cesars here…

I want Uno’s.

Intrigued by the good reviews on here last day I went to try the famous Mike’s Pizza. I left 3/4 of the pizza on the table and went away. Now there are two choices, either the writer of these reviews has a strange interest in what they writes or really they never eaten a real pizza.

@iameric now I’m right at home in Pizza Mandolino. I saw many many Chinese people come and come back everyday. They choice Pizzas Pastas Steaks and all of them thanks before leave. Maybe better, next time, you choice a chinese restaurant, there are so many and good one in chengdu.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Intrigued by the good reviews on here last day I went to try the famous Mike’s Pizza. I left 3/4 of the pizza on the table and went away.

Mike’s Pizza has a restaurant? I thought it was delivery only.

Quote:
    Mike’s Pizza has a restaurant? I thought it was delivery only.

Yes seems to have recently opened in Tongzilin with four tables or so.

On the Pizza debate:

Currently the best pizza in all of China is made by La Pizza in Beijing which is run by a guy from Napoli. Nothing I ever tasted in Chengdu comes even remotely close to that, not Mandolino, not Le Sud, not Mike.

But for the occasional craving Mike’s Pizza is perfectly suitable and the best in my opinion.

Its not a New York pizza and not an original from Napoli either. It’s somewhere in between.

friend’s house charlie….

uhmm sound good…. I will try it next time in Beijin. Anyway you are right, Mike’s pizza is an american Pizza but “pizza” have the same name everywhere. For this here we’ve confusion. In Chengdu also Mandolino have a Neapolitan guy and they are the first in Chengdu for now. however, even if you go to napoli pizza is different for each restaurant. Therefore depends on the taste of the people.

Participant

for an american pizza, mike’s your best bet.

for a different and authentic take on italian pizza, mandolino. like sascha said, their parmaham is bomb! but “in my opinion” the pizza’s the only thing there that’s any good. even the music, decor, and management is quite odd. also a tip: don’t go late, because they will run out of ingredients. that can be a good or bad thing depending on your take on it.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.