Place to watch the Superbowl?

HomeForumsIn ChengduPlace to watch the Superbowl?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Are there any NFL football fans in Chengdu? I will be visiting some family for the new year but would love to watch the Superbowl while I’m there. It will be on Monday, February 4th at 07:30 AM local time. It there anyplace open at that time of the morning to watch the Superbowl live?

Most likely the Shamrock.

Participant

Thanks, I saw that place in a post from last year, but their web site doesn’t list the Superbowl under the “Upcoming Events”. Is it a safe assumption that they will be open that early in the morning?

Keymaster

Yup, Shamrock is probably the place where most people will be watching this. I might be down to watch too, great that Baltimore made it to the Superbowl. Dr Dre has already called it, haha.

HARBOWL! But man… the Shamrock.

I also just got word that there will be a superbowl party at Mooney’s.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Thanks, I saw that place in a post from last year, but their web site doesn’t list the Superbowl under the “Upcoming Events”. Is it a safe assumption that they will be open that early in the morning?

I think Shamrock has been showing the Superbowl for years, along with other sporting events. I think that’s the place where the most people will be.

Quote:
    I also just got word that there will be a superbowl party at Mooney’s.

I’d personally check out Shamrock before Mooney’s for something like this. I wish they that Chinese TV broadcasted the Superbowl like they do the NBA Finals and World Cup, then you could watch at the spa.

Participant

Are spas open 7AM in the mornings? That’s usually when the superbowl is on.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Are spas open 7AM in the mornings? That’s usually when the superbowl is on.

Spas are open 24/7

Participant

Nice! We can have CDL superbowl party at a spa.. All we need is a portable TV and a portable satellite dish then we golden!

Participant

Here is the flyer for the Super Bowl party at Mooneys:

superbowl.jpg

I wonder if they’ll be serving beer in the morning…

Participant

Mods…I broke the internet again… can you help me resize?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I wonder if they’ll be serving beer in the morning…

I wonder if they’ll be serving tequila shots in the morning

Quote:
    Mods…I broke the internet again… can you help me resize?

done

Participant

Usually the Super Bowl broadcast at Shamrock doesn’t have the US commercials. I wonder how Mooney’s is doing that, and I wonder if Shamrock will be doing that this year also.

Shamrock usually has beer/tequila shot specials that morning too.

Participant

@Zharahk – The Mooneys event will have the US stream – the NFL is actually sanctioning the event (and providing a few lucky draw prizes) – so it will definitely have the US commercials, as well as the US commentary.

Participant

@Eli – Thanks for the info, this is very helpful! I’ll be there for sure. Go 49ers!

Participant

I don’t get it.. monday morning tailgate? wheres my budlight and pizzas…aint that right? BTW raven boooo

Keymaster

I might take half the day off and check this out at Mooney’s on Monday morning. I actually like both of these teams (my sister was born in SF and is a niners fan) but I’m rooting for Baltimore because they’re our neighbors (Skins fan).

I walked into ” Mooney’s ” the other day to make a reservation but their staff seems clueless abt this event

I assuming the door will be open at 7AM on Monday?

Go 49’s !!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.