Podcast Suggestion Thread

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPodcast Suggestion Thread

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I love listening to them and I love new suggestions.

Here are mine:

1. Uhh Yeah Dude

Self described as a “A weekly roundup of America through the eyes of two american Americans”. It is as L.A. as it can get. Ive been a faithful listener for four years.

Jonathan Larroquette is the son of actor John Larroquette. He is part of a musical duo called “Jogger” with his friend Amir Yaghmai. Seth Romatelli is an actor from Haverhill, MA. Seth was in the movie Crossroads with Britney Spears.

2. WTF with Marc Maron

Bi-weekly interviews with Comedians by stand up legend Marc Maron. If you like american comedy scene here you get to listen to them all.

Keymaster

Great idea for a thread. Maybe with some more recommendations I can get to finally using that new Podcasts app on my phone.

The Joe Rogan Experience

joerogan.jpeg

Hosted by Joe Rogan, stand up comedian, TV host, MMA commentator. He has awesome guests – recently I heard one with Freeway Rick Ross (the drug kingpin who’s name and identity was stolen by popular rapper Rick Ross). Although Joe Rogan is an athlete, he’s a very wise meathead. He talks about philosophy, spirituality and deeper subjects in addition to telling jokes about people getting knocked out.

Participant

Bullseye with Jesse Thorn – great weekly interviews with comedians and artists/entertainers

Men in Blazers on Grantland – excellent soccer/football podcast done by two Englishman but kinda aimed at American soccer fans

NPR Marketpace and Planet Money – Uh yea….

The Champs – similar format to Bullseye, raspect to Eli for this recommendation

Participant

I LOVE podcasts!

For a general audience, I highly recommend:

RadioLab

This American Life

99% Invisible

The New Yorker: Out Loud

For the wonks, I recommend:

The New Yorker: The Political Scene

NPR Planet Money

NPR Intellegence Squared

PRI’s The World

APM: Marketplace

Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders

Freakonomics Radio

TEDTalks

For comedy fans, I recommend:

Bill Burr’s Monday Morning Podcast

The Champs

WTF

How Did This Get Made

Doug Loves Movies

For sports fans I recommend:

ESPN: Around the Horn

ESPN: The BS Report

The Grantland Network

Looking for a Chinese podcast to improve my general Chinese and business Chinese vocab. Any suggestions?

Keymaster

Looking for a Chinese podcast to improve my general Chinese and business Chinese vocab. Any suggestions?

Hey Chris,

I think the best ones to check out are Popup Chinese and Chinesepod, both are free with paid upgrade options.

Here’s a good roundup of podcasts on Chinese Hacks (great site btw): Chinese Language Podcasts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.