Pony Club Sweden Day Jan 19

HomeForumsIn ChengduPony Club Sweden Day Jan 19

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone. My friend asks me to recommend participants for Pony Club Sweden Day on Jan 19 at Eton House International School in Chengdu. It is a fun time for family, especially kids. It is free of charge, and has definitely no purpose for fundraising or business promotion. They have Chinese Families fully registered and now call for more foreign families. If you are interested, please contact me, the call them directly….

Details of this event please check the link below.

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/mp/appmsg/show?__biz=MzA5MjAxODEzMQ==&appmsgid=10013239&itemidx=1&sign=1dc979188deb34700812b17b11d9dc6b&scene=1&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0#wechat_redirect

Keymaster

Pony Club Sweden day at an international school? What the hell…

Participant

Who knows? But what’s the problem with an international school?

Keymaster

Who knows? But what’s the problem with an international school?

Pony Club Sweden Day? This sounds completely incomprehensible.

Participant

Don’t know, maybe you u just check the details to see what is happening there

BTW, nothing is incomprehensible in China.

Participant

Don’t know, maybe you u just check the details to see what is happening there BTW, nothing is incomprehensible in China.

I think you meant everything is incomprehensible in China. E.G. Sweden Day is June 6 and has nothing to do with ponies.

However, Edgar Allan Poe’s birthday is January 19th and his first short story, Metzengerstein: A Tale In Imitation of the German, included a horse. It’s not too late, Eton house could change it up and have kids read it before taking a ride. Seems more appropriate for China.

Keymaster

Don’t know, maybe you u just check the details to see what is happening there BTW, nothing is incomprehensible in China.

I think you meant everything is incomprehensible in China.

There is practically a Chinese tradition of stating things in exactly the opposite terms of how they actually are to convince others of your point of view. Troy Parfitt talked about this is “Why China Will Never Rule the World” and then I started noticing it. I was at the Sanya airport standing in line to get a taxi once and the line was over an hour because people kept cutting at the front of the line. After waiting forever I get to the front of the line and then an old woman cut in front of me. I had pretty much lost it at that point and I asked her to stand in line. She ignored me and I went off saying how no one stands in line and I wouldn’t allow her to cut in front of me, to which she replies “Chinese people love nothing more than standing in line!”

You really have to allow logic to go out the window sometimes when you’re in China or it will drive you up the wall.

Participant

You really have to allow logic to go out the window sometimes when you’re in China or it will drive you up the wall.

Absolutely. In fact, if you do a Google search of “Logic in China” the first sentence you will see is “Logic in China plays a particularly interesting role in the history of logic due to its repression and abandonment compared to the strong ancient adoption and continued development of the study of logic in Europe, India, and the Islamic world.” hahaha.

Participant

Ok, explanation. It is not Sweden Day as in Swedish national day – if you look at what it is, there is a ‘compulsory talk’ parents need to listen to given by the Swedish Institute which is basically promo for Sweden, I think…. hence the “Sweden Day” portion of it.

Pony Club? I guess it’s a financial sponsor who caters to wealthy parents who have no option but to send their kids to overpriced schools & groups in the city. This event is ‘free’, but as with Chinese tour groups, I’m bettin there gwan be a LOT of heavy petting by those who are putting it on, hurry now space is limited! 🙂

Pony Club Sweden Day EXPLAINED!

Participant

The big question is will they be handing out Ikea’s Swedish meatballs? I mean it is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear Sweden and horses.

Participant

“Ikea’s Swedish meatballs” hahaha

Keymaster

Added this sure-to-be-amazing event to the January events thread. I hope someone goes to this and reports back with stories of all the ponies.

Participant

Wow, hot discussion  :)Learned a lot!! They already got a few international family registerations anyway. It is all about the activities in the Link, sounds fun and educational!!!

Participant

As the Swedish chef at a Swedish restaurant in Chengdu it hurts to see your connection with horse and meatballs, I can assure you our meatballs are 100% pork meat but more important, it’s my mom’s recipe and that is a warrant for success isn’t it?

By the way, us using a Dala horse as our logo is not connected to the meatballs 🙂

Edited due to wrong quote, this is Colin’s post that I replied to.

Participant

I don’t know Pony Club but my expectation is that it has absolutely nothing to do with ponies. In any case no ponies at the school this weekend.
    If anybody knows a place where kids can go ride ponies and get lessons in a friendly environment (and not 2hrs out of town) let me know!

Participant

“Ikea’s Swedish meatballs” hahaha

Hey, here is the feedback from the Pony Club, Sweden Day! Check the Link! It was successful and fun. Just let you guys know, it is called Pony Club, and it was Sweden Day, and the staff of Sweden Embassy Beijing sponsored this and also came to this event and made a speech, whether it makes sense to you or not^^

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA5MjAxODEzMQ==&mid=10013393&idx=1&sn=c8261fcb386b2dd79cf2e34c8ed206f6&scene=2&from=timeline&isappinstalled=0#rd

Thanks for spending the time and energy to discuss whether the names make sense or not 🙂 But it would have been more meaningfull if you guys had paid more attention on what would be really happening there on that day and had given some constructive suggestions, instead of just focusing on the names.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.