Power Bills in Winter

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPower Bills in Winter

• This topic has 21 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Avatar photoRay.
Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

@Ray – You should definitely check the sticker on the side of your aircon unit. It will tell you the power consumption. There will be 2 numbers for heating, output and input. All you need to do is divide the input number by 2000 which will give you an estimate of how much it will cost to run per hour.

I don’t use aircon during the day, or while I sleep. I do use it at night when I am at home though. It consumes 2500W, and I use it on average for about 6hrs/day. 2500/2000 * 6 (hours) * 30 (days) = 225RMB/month. Add to that increased clothes dryer usage and random use of a bedroom unit.

I have checked the stickers on a few units at work. The older standing unit we have here uses double the power of my unit at home, but produces the same amount of heat. So you should probably double the figures I gave if you have an older unit. It’s best to check the sticker on your unit, or keep track of your usage with the apartments electricity meter.

Participant

@Rick; 2000 a month power bill! More than under floor heating! yeah, i have a tiny little fan-powered heater which is ok for now, if i keep it one inch away. Re; the death-ray heaters: those things can be seriously sketchy. i lost some favorite cds/dvds a few winters back; caught in the death-ray beam!

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.