Problematic Chengdu Agents

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionProblematic Chengdu Agents

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This thread continues my earlier posts about the deceitful Chinese agent that lured my friends and me to an English camp, called Crazy English, this February, with nothing but lies.

I hope that this thread can become a general forum for Chengdu expats to give a heads up/warning about other agents and employers (of Chinese and foreign decent) that have been caught lying, cheating, exaggerating or changing facts and conditions, and so on, when working with them.

Participant

I´ll have a start..

“Bekerley Global Employment & Education Management Company”

Agent called Martha, nr: 139 962 214 19

Greedy as hell. Was willing to flush the whole foreign staff out of the camp rather than admiting her lies or giving us a penny more for the work. Called all of us (9 teachers) liers 😀 Tragicomic!

I strongly suggest to be cautious in terms of negotiating with her. She got us to Crazy English as low paid “superstars” and she will definitely try this again with any other foreigner (the numbers are too delicious and a new iphone has to be bought).

Keymaster

If you’re a musician and you get approached by a Chinese promoter named Sonny to do shows (whether you’re a singer, guitarist, or DJ), insist on getting the money before you perform. Actually, no matter who the promoter is, get at least half of the amount agreed upon before you perform. If they respond by saying it doesn’t work like that, they are trying to manipulate you.

Participant

strongly support.

And highly recommend.

Participant

I worked for Martha in 2010. No problems got paid. Also some of my friends work for Martha with no issues.

Two sides to every story.

Participant

That`s 2 years ago.

I also know few older guys from other towns working with her. Probably having a sustainable cooperation as they are regular teachers in schools.

The way how she got us to the camp is another story.

Note for potential teachers in the forthcoming Crazy Idiocracy camps: The camp is worth 5000 yuan (double from what she paid for us), absolute minimum 4000 (taking into account the actual schedule and additional tasks in between).

anyways, case closed.

Participant

I have two good friends currently working for Martha with no problems. If you accepted 2500 for the camp that’s your issue any agent is going to try to pay the lowest salary possible.

Participant

Does anyone knows NDI?

Participant

Does anyone knows NDI?

Participant

Mr. Ian..

The initial schedule was the issue.

2 assisting and 2 teaching hours per day was more or less acceptable that all of us went for.

What we found out, once arrived, was 2 assisting and 5 contact hours!!

Does it make more sense now? In addition they got a nice free promotion at the expense of us + the informal pressure by the mass of students in your free time.

Now, once again, I`ve experienced something very unpleasant with Martha and I am sharing that with other foreigners.

If you praise her, that`s fine.

Two different stories.

The others have the discretion to decide.

Participant

I never praised her. I just said other people I know don’t have any isssue with Martha. Read what I wrote.

Participant

Hi guys. Maybe stop arguing? 🙂

Everyone has his or her opinion and discretion. There is no need to argue. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.