Pub Crawls

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPub Crawls

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author

I was wondering if there are any local pub crawls that go on?

Participant

What’s a pub crawl?

It’s a group of people that get together and go from pub to pub. It’s usually an event, like a theme or an activity. In the states, we had a pirate pub crawl where everyone dressed up like pirates and stopped in to have a beer at every pub along a certain route. Sometimes, there is a map and a scavenger hunt where you are to visit a select number of pubs, have a beer, and get the next clue to the next pub. Things like that. There are running ones too.

Participant

It’s when you go for a night out and move from one pub to the next.

We used to do a ‘sub crawl’ in Glasgow, where you would get off at every stop on the subway and go to a pub close by – could get quite messy!

Don’t know of any though Valerie, no.

No, worries. I was just curious if the community had something like that or similar:)

Participant

This.. Is a fantastic idea! My buds love pub crawls. But someone good has to organize it and tell the pubs ahead of time, also to get a huge discount.

Participant

Sandi, are you from Glasgow? I’ve been on the sub crawl before. Messy is an apt description.

I have a friend that organized a Pub Golf night in chengdu. He might be interested in organizing another if enough people want to do it.

Participant
    Quote:
    Sandi, are you from Glasgow? I’ve been on the sub crawl before. Messy is an apt description.

I have a friend that organized a Pub Golf night in chengdu. He might be interested in organizing another if enough people want to do it.

Haha, it is indeed. Yes, from Glasgow. And yourself?

Pub golf night?? Sounds a bit dangerous… but yep, I’d be up for that!

I’m down for pub golf!

I’m new to the Du and my Chinese is super lacking, so I would do a piss poor job of organizing! Once I become more familiar, I’m totally down for organizing a pub crawl.

Participant

Just down the road. Originally from Strathaven but stayed in Glasgow for years before moving out this way.

Aye, the pub golf can be dangerous. Last time it was organized by the football team and wasn’t really open to the public. About 5 or 6 people had 9 holes-in-one then went into a playoff at the end. I think 3 of them ended up in hospital.

For anybody that is wondering what pub golf is click here.

Participant

Haha, omfg that sounds mental!!

The dressing up as pirates idea is becoming somewhat more appealing.

Yeh, I know Strathaven.

Well, lets set a date then and we can alert the local A&E department 🙂

Participant

I did it for few times, not understand why those guy only stay 10 minutes at one bar then move to next one.

Now understand and find out name .

Participant

Usually with my chinese wife and friends, we choose one night and we change many times eating place…

Pub crawls it’s ok but only if I have my loveable Guinness!

Keymaster

We did a forum pub crawl last summer I think, we went to 5-6 bars in the Yulin area (Elephant Bar, Little Bar, Machu Picchu and some others). It was fun, I’d be down to do it again. I’m sure we could get 8+ people this time without much effort.

Quote:
    I have a friend that organized a Pub Golf night in chengdu.

Jesus, I just checked the Wikipedia entry that you posted. You guys don’t mess around.

Participant

one word: crazy

Maybe we could tweak the pub golf a bit. I think if I did that one, id be wasted for days!! Maybe make it not so hard?? Having an organized game always makes for a fun time!

Participant
    Quote:
    We did a forum pub crawl last summer I think, we went to 5-6 bars in the Yulin area (Elephant Bar, Little Bar, Machu Picchu and some others). It was fun, I’d be down to do it again. I’m sure we could get 8+ people this time without much effort.

Yulin would be the place to do it if you want to walk from bar to bar.

The fella I was talking about rented out a 40 seater bus to drive about between the bars.

Shamrock/Bookworm

Jah Bar/Carols/Nanuna

Dave’s

Hemp House/Mooneys

Lazy Pug/Lan Town/Underground

Leg & Whistle/Panam/Jellyfish/Buzz Bar

No way you are walking between those 6 areas.

Participant

Lets do this! The Yulin pub crawl last fall was awesome.

Participant

Pub crawl I think I should take up drinking just to see what happens in a Chinese hospital with drunken laowai’s.

Anyone got any suggestions for those who do not drink alcohol and not the designated driver role.

Keymaster

How does next weekend sound? Let’s do this.

Quote:
    Anyone got any suggestions for those who do not drink alcohol

Start drinking alcohol!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.