Pub Crawls

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPub Crawls

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think I’m actually down for this. Should be off bail soon, may as well get drunk as a m’fer in public while I’m stuck here 😀

BTW, RE: “walking between areas”, I used to play a different game with a specific ex – we’d walk, and each red light we’d play rock paper scissors, we’d turn left if she won, right if I won, and go straight if we tied – each WoWo we passed I’d drink a beer, and had to finish it before the next wowo. In the south there’s a *lot* of wowo’s, and we’d often end up walking a really really f’ing long way before going back. There are options to just “pub” crawls and you can toss in wowo or 7-11 or whatever as roady-stops if you want to make it a walk, because taking cabs at night is just a buzz-kill stopping and waiting around trying to organize multiple cabs for a large group and wait for other cabs to arrive before continuing……ROADIES save the night imo!

Participant

this sounds pretty awesome. Especially with Rick’s walking game.

I have to work every other weekend, so for me the 20th would be better than the 13th.

Participant
    Quote:
    because taking cabs at night is just a buzz-kill stopping and waiting around trying to organize multiple cabs for a large group and wait for other cabs to arrive before continuing…

I know a group of people that organized a pub crawl in Chengdu about a year ago and rented a bus+driver for that night. They split it between the group and I think it ended up being pretty cheap. Not sure how cheap though.

Two people also ended up in the hospital that night.

EDIT: For what it’s worth the guy that organized it is probably the same guy AM is talking about.

Participant

hospital – fighting? or something else?

Participant

alcohol poisoning?

Participant
    Quote:
    alcohol poisoning

This

Participant

Ah, never experienced alcohol poisoning – although regularly try to 😉

Participant

Me neither, and I don’t think I will any time soon as I kind of quit drinking so much alcohol. I only do the obligated group shots nowadays, to remain socially accepted. Feeling better than ever!

That being said I’d definitely be down for a forum pub crawl.

Participant

This thread is getting exciting !

Participant
    Quote:
    How does next weekend sound? Let’s do this.

Hemp House & The Sultan are having their birthday parties next weekend.

Participant

It’d be cool to have an events calendar where people could post events / add their name to events.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hemp House & The Sultan are having their birthday parties next weekend.

Perfect. The Hemp House birthday party has always been worth checking out. Let’s do this next weekend then, I will create another thread with the info.

Quote:
    I have to work every other weekend, so for me the 20th would be better than the 13th.

Sorry dude. The Hemp House and Sultan birthday at the same time is a sign from above. Come out and don’t get too tanked so you can manage work.

Quote:
    It’d be cool to have an events calendar where people could post events / add their name to events.

I registered ChengduEvents dotcom years ago with the intention of doing exactly this. I ended up having a difficult time integrating it into Chengdu Living while simultaneously managing my other daily responsibilities though, so it got sidelined for years. What it really requires is someone or a community to post events to it on a regular basis. If you or anyone else is interested in helping, shoot me a PM.

Participant

Can i go hongkong for doing it!!

Participant

Cool, so next week then.

What pub do you guys think is best to start in? And what time does the bar open?

Sandi

in anticipation of next week’s pub crawl…

BAR CRAWL TONIGHT! SATURDAY AUGUST 8!

EVERYONE’S INVITED, THE MORE THE MERRIER!

Tentative plan is meet at Old Little Bar at 8:30-9:00

Old Little Bar

(possibly White Night)

Middle Bar

“Other New Bar” (next to middle bar, don’t know the name)

Elephant Bar

New Little Bar

Macchu Picchu

Participant

Chris Ziich

can you give me phone number, i want to go.

🙂

oh man, this month is september isnt it… anyways i’ll try to update our status on my weibo: ziichsays

Participant

A crowd of us are coming along from Wenshu Temple.

Where are you guys now?

Participant

A crowd of us are coming along from Wenshu Temple.

Where are you guys now?

Participant

Fun night! Again plz!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.