Questions About Chengdu Real Estate

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionQuestions About Chengdu Real Estate

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m Van, a 28-year-old French girl coming to Chengdu for work for 2 years.

I’m supposed to arrive on Monday in chengdu and my company is helping me finding an apartment. I will be working for a subsidiary of a French company. So, They are sending me some pictures and descriptions of places (they are working with Maxxelli) but I have the feeling that the rentals are overpriced according to my readings on ChengduLiving (thanks for all the information by the way).

I give you some details:

1. Emerald : 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 85sq meters => gross rent: 5760 RMB
    2. Europe City: 2 beds, 2 baths, 90 sq meters => gross rent: 5,585 RMB
    3. Waterfront : 2 beds, 2 baths, 120 sq meters => gross rent: 7,860 RMB
    4. Times residence: 2 beds, 2 baths, 106 sq meters => gross rent: 10,105 RMB

I don’t know any of these places and the average rental price there. I just want to say that my rent is not paid by the company, I pay it myself so i’m not in the case of expats sent by companies who have “open budget”.

I would be very grateful if you could tell me if you think that the prices are those of the market or if they are trying to get margins on it.

Participant

Hi Vannina~~

I am Lulu from Panda service!

We’d like to assist you when you have any problem in Chengdu.We are based on cost-efficeint,speedy & hearted service.Any query pls feel free to ctc us!

On this query abt real estate,We are wondering in which district your company is,as we will select the most suitable house for you to check.TKS!

Thank you very much & best regards,

Lulu

Those prices seem inflated around 20%

My roommates are moving out in a few weeks with 1 month left on the lease. Their bedroom is available for sublease and possible 1 year extension for about 1500 RMB/month. It’s located in Yulin. I’m 28, American male.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Participant

Hi Van, These seem like some of the higher end compounds. My guess is the gross includes management fee, tax?, garbage fee; does it include internet? For my feeling a lot depends on the decoration and materials used. It’s hard to say if its worth it, without actually seeing the place.

I live close to Oakwood and B&Q in the south, in a 3 BR apartment. At least one of my roomies is moving out one of the next weeks. Feel free to PM me if you want to come and have a look. Good luck with the search!

Participant

I am not sure about what’s included! Thank you both for your answers.
    I am also interested in sharing an apartment depending on what I find out. I’m PMing you Stephane.

Participant

seems like the PM function is not so Mac proof. I think my answer is sent, but in case you didn’t receive it, can you send me ur email? Cheers.

Participant

I got your PM stephane, and I use a Mac myself so it’s working for both of us 😉 I just haven’t replied to you yet!

Participant

You can get kickass digs for 1/2 your budget. PM me. LOLZ

Participant

Hi,vannina,welcome to chengdu ,sichuan.The rental price based on the district of apartment , decoration,housekeeper fee and other additional fee.Anyway ,Hope u enjoy ur life in Chendu!good luck to u !

Keymaster

This. Maxxelli tends to offer very highly priced apartments which are best suited for people with subsidized housing allowances. In my opinion it’s nuts to spend over 5,000 kuai on rent in Chengdu unless you have a house. I don’t know anyone in Chengdu with a house that’s within 3rd ring road.

To give you an idea of what’s available: my apartment is in the center of Yulin, one of Chengdu’s most expensive districts in terms of housing. 10 minute walk from the Nijiaqiao subway station, which is near the US Consulate. My apartment is 130 sq/m with 3 bedrooms, and has a gigantic private rooftop garden. My rent is 2,200 rmb per month.

You’re really best off finding an apartment in Chengdu through a Chinese realtor, not an expat focused website that knows it can charge much more than what the industry rate is because their customers either don’t know what actual market value is, or they don’t care because their employer is footing the bill. That’s not to say that the apartments you mentioned aren’t pretty nice, but in terms of value, you have better options.

Participant

Hi Charlie – do u plant many flowers or vegetables in your gigantic private rooftop garden? haha

Keymaster

Hi Charlie – do u plant many flowers or vegetables in your gigantic private rooftop garden? haha

I used to plant vegetables, now I just have a lot of flowers, bamboo, and a hammock.

Participant

I used to plant vegetables, now I just have a lot of flowers, bamboo, and a hammock.

wow, that’s a nice rooftop garden.

Participant

I agree with Charlie.  We have a beautiful 4 bedroom  2 bathroom apartment.  We only pay 2000rmb per month.  If I had 5000rmb to spend a month I would hire a butler.

Participant

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your help. You are confirming my doubts. As my company is helping me looking for accomodation, i don’t really what to tell them. Maybe I could ask them to find a cheaper realtor? I know it’a question that has been asked in the past but maybe you know some realtors or landlords?
    Thank you very much!

Participant

Btw Chris and Brian, I sent you PMs, let me know if it did not work…

Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian #10 wrote:</div>

This. Maxxelli tends to offer very highly priced apartments which are best suited for people with subsidized housing allowances. In my opinion it’s nuts to spend over 5,000 kuai on rent in Chengdu unless you have a house. I don’t know anyone in Chengdu with a house that’s within 3rd ring road. To give you an idea of what’s available: my apartment is in the center of Yulin, one of Chengdu’s most expensive districts in terms of housing. 10 minute walk from the Nijiaqiao subway station, which is near the US Consulate. My apartment is 130 sq/m with 3 bedrooms, and has a gigantic private rooftop garden. My rent is 2,200 rmb per month. You’re really best off finding an apartment in Chengdu through a Chinese realtor, not an expat focused website that knows it can charge much more than what the industry rate is because their customers either don’t know what actual market value is, or they don’t care because their employer is footing the bill. That’s not to say that the apartments you mentioned aren’t pretty nice, but in terms of value, you have better options.

Charlie,your apartment rent  is really COST-EFFICIENT due to the big area and convenient transportation.

My parents rent out an apartment (near Tianfu overpass,12 minutes walk to South Realway Station subway station ) of 65 sq/m with a bedroom to a single Chinese girl last month,at 1700 rmb rent per mouth,and the nearby apartments rent are almost the same.

Just keep your apartment renting,Yulin colorful life is much more than the charge^^.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.