Raffles City New Theater Grand Opening

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRaffles City New Theater Grand Opening

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just wanted to share a good deal. The new Raffles mall (RenMin and 1st ring) has a theater on the top floor with a grand opening promotion: 4 movie tickets for just 100 kuai (tickets only good till the end of October). Tickets are good for 2D, 3D or LD showings. What’s LD?

Gonna go see Taken 2 tonight.

http://lumiai.com/movie.aspx?fid=191

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1397280/

Keymaster

This is a great deal, I would love to see what the theater there is like. This is definitely closer to where I live than any other theater in the city.

Any other foreign movies playing there besides Taken 2? Looper still around?

Participant

There was a movie with Bruce Willis in it but the title was only in Chinese, no English. So not sure if it was Looper.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    There was a movie with Bruce Willis in it but the title was only in Chinese, no English. So not sure if it was Looper.

Yeah, that’s it. It’s starring Joseph Gordon Levitt and Bruce Willis. 环形使者 in Chinese.

Participant

It could have been Expendables 2, I think I remember that the Chinese name started with 白.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    It could have been Expendables 2, I think I remember that the Chinese name started with 白.

You’re right, Bruce Willis is in that also. In any case, considering this deal, I will check this theater out within the next week or so. Thanks for the heads up.

Participant

Sure! Be sure to go earlier on in the day because they only sell 100 of these 4 tickets for 100 RMB deals per day. Tickets expire at the end of the month.

Participant

Get your cinema tickets from Meituan.com – Most Wanda cinemas are listed on there for 27RMB ticket, or for the Wanfujing Complex you can get 2 tickets with popcorn and drinks for 50RMB.

Participant

Thanks, Marky. Great site. I hope I can figure out how to buy deals on meituan. I don’t have a Chinese bank account yet. Normally I just put money on wanghuiE at the post office for Taobao purchases.

Participant

There is no difference in how to pay. You buy tuangou (groupons) from meituan, baidu tuan, 57tuan, or any of the zillion groupon sites with your alipay account, the same account you charge up with wang hui e’s and use to pay for taobao stuff.

Participant

Taken 2 is crap, but it’s one of the 15 movie theatres worldwide being shown with the new Dolby Atmos system. i have a vip card and some tickets to lumier pavillions already

LD = Dolby Atmos

Participant
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Taken 2 is crap, but it’s one of the 15 movie theatres worldwide being shown with the new Dolby Atmos system. i have a vip card and some tickets to lumier pavillions already

LD = Dolby Atmos

Which movie theater are you talking about? What is Lumier Pavillions?

Participant

lumier pavilions is the movie theatre in raffles

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.