Red Beard Burgers

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRed Beard Burgers

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Really surprised to read all this controversy here.

I went to this place about a week ago for the first time, with two friends from Shanghai. The service was exceptional, I only met Jessi, but she was nicer than probably anyone in any restaurant I’ve been to here (perhaps only with the exception of Danny & Dana at the Lazy Pug, miss you guys!)

Regardless of all the drama, I suggest anyone who hasn’t been to Red Beard to give it a shot. I really doubt you will be disappointed and this is a place that I eagerly encourage friends to check out. Here is all the info on the restaurant: Red Beard Burgers in Chengdu

Participant

Go Red Beard!  We left right before you guys opened, but heard you are doing really well!  Congrats…as we know what you have done is no small feat.  And dealing with all kinds of people makes you stronger and smarter!  My favorite line is how he swore “in front of my wife”.  Is your wife five years old?  Not sure how that matters!  Funny none-the-less.

Anyways, good luck in 2015 and hope to come see it soon!

In addition, we would love to see some Chengdu faces in Bangkok!  The Smokin’ Pug will be smoking as of February 12th!  Charlie-thanks for the mention and come check us out in the Spring or sooner.

Participant

Dana, I’m sure where you are from its perfectly fine to cuss out a stranger, and call them names in front of their friends/SO, I was referring to being a bit more respectful but it seems that there are more people that agree with being disrespectful and treating others like shit. Maybe I should give it a try. Do you see the irony in saying “Is your wife 5 years old?” Isn’t that a line kids use on each other? If you say that you are not sure how that matters, it shows what kind of person you are. I am not a stuckup cunt or don’t even care if you cuss but doing it to my SO when I am not even present is not very nice. Try that when I am present then we can work it out.

Participant

Honestly, I think Mr. Red Beard’s response to this thread was the better one. Why all the foot stomping, fucking hell, it is what it is, and its not a big deal. I felt Ill treated and voiced it and he responded. I have nothing against the restaurant, and as I have said that I have only heard great things. The fucking end eh?

Participant

No controversy when I was there, just really tasty burgers.

Participant

ive been there, burger was great, maybe a little expensive but thats because im a scrooge with money.

really filling as well, great quality.

In addition, we would love to see some Chengdu faces in Bangkok! The Smokin’ Pug will be smoking as of February 12th!

Is my burger on the menu? I want 10%.

😀

Participant

Redbeard Burgers is a fantastic slice of Americana in the South Central area of Chengdu. On par with other ex-pat run shops like Mike’s Pizza Kitchen, Johnny 5’s Donuts, and Bookworm.

Redbeards uses only the best ingredients for all of their signature burgers, playfully named after different styles of facial hair. From imported, top-quality American beef, to their fresh baked buns, to Jessie’s lovingly crafted desserts and properly mixed drinks, you should expect only the best quality food and drinks with excellent, friendly service.

Nick and Jess are both close friends of mine. I was there for the restaurant’s opening and it’s continued growth within the community as one of the finest ex-pat restaurants and hangouts in the city.

While I was not present for the drama cited above, knowing Nick, Jess, and Marie as I do, I can say with absolute certainty that any negativity directed towards any customer is directly proportional to that customer’s conduct.

If you are friendly, courteous, and amiable, expect to be treated with kindness and respect. If you make an ass of yourself, expect to be told off and shown the door.

Participant

Had a great burger there recently for lunch.  The Lumberjack + Bacon, which was a cheeseburger smothered in chili and onions with a beautifully cooked piece of bacon on top.  It came with coleslaw (but no pickle, unfortunately).    The owners really do care about food quality and service.  The place is clean and welcoming.    I’d suggest ordering a side of fries in addition because the burger meal itself isn’t quite enough for your average American appetite.

I’m quite sure this place will become my go-to kitchen for a quality burger while out on the town.   I have no intention to revisit Blue Frog or even go near Lets Burger  😉

Keymaster

I’m quite sure this place will become my go-to kitchen for a quality burger while out on the town. I have no intention to revisit Blue Frog or even go near Lets Burger

I feel the same way. Those places are good but Red Beard has the local touch.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.