Rent a White Guy on Vice (Shot in Chengdu)

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRent a White Guy on Vice (Shot in Chengdu)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Saw this last night and it is pretty surreal to see Chengdu featured on Vice. Check it out, here’s a preview clip on Youtube:

I downloaded the episode but it must be available online for streaming somewhere.

Participant

all i see is a guy going to a butler school..

Keymaster

The clip above is just the sneak peak, the full episode is 15 minutes long. It tells a few white monkey stories, the best one is when the Vice correspondent joins with laowai and does a real estate show dressed up as Buckingham Palace guards with the tall furry hats.

Participant

the best one is when the Vice correspondent joins with laowai and does a real estate show

Totally disagree! At least that’s a legit service requested (even tho it seems ridiculous). The best ones, because there are two, is the fake doctor who reads essentially a wikipedia listing at a convention, and more deceptive, the yiwu convention ‘fake’ investors, “last week I was Paul from Canada, now I’m Madagawa from Philippines” or whatever..all those unfortunate small business owners with stands at the convention, getting all these ‘contacts’ which are fully fake names, business cards, websites, all phoney, just to make the convention seem like an amazing place and sell more expensive booths to unfortunate small businesses….terrible!

Participant

try this one

rent a foreigner (by david borenstein)

Keymaster

Totally disagree! At least that’s a legit service requested (even tho it seems ridiculous). The best ones, because there are two, is the fake doctor who reads essentially a wikipedia listing at a convention, and more deceptive, the yiwu convention ‘fake’ investors, “last week I was Paul from Canada, now I’m Madagawa from Philippines” or whatever..all those unfortunate small business owners with stands at the convention, getting all these ‘contacts’ which are fully fake names, business cards, websites, all phoney, just to make the convention seem like an amazing place and sell more expensive booths to unfortunate small businesses….terrible!

You’re right, you’re right. That one is better. When they ask him if he has any ethical concerns about what he does he responds: “… what do you mean?”

Participant

US producers looking for Young Americans living abroad in China who work in the “Rent-a-Laowai” industry!

Do you make your living off being a “white for hire” in China?

Do you get paid regularly for pretending to be a foreign businessman or celebrity?

Do you go out on some of the strangest, quirkiest jobs of any “model” in China?

US based, award-winning production company is looking for subjects for a new documentary series about ex-pats working as “rent-a-foreigner” models in China. If you have an out of this world personality and answered YES to any of the questions above, or know someone who would, we want to talk to YOU! Send an email to [email protected] explaining why you are perfect for this!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.