Renting in Chengdu?

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsRenting in Chengdu?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, my husband and I will be moving to Chengdu soon, we want to be near to Sichuan University. I’ve read some of the suggestions, and although we want to keep the costs down, we will be there for at least 3 years so want to find a nice place. I found a website: http://www.chengdu-apartment.com. Are these apartments more expensive than normal? Are they aimed at ex-pats? We don’t really want to live in a foreigner area

I had a look at ganji.com, but as I don’t speak Chinese and google translate isn’t the best, are the apartments on “chengdu-apartment” comparable?

Keymaster

The apartments on that website are all exorbitantly priced. Everything there costs much less if you don’t go through an English language website. In general, websites like that are catering to foreign executives who are often not put off by rent costing 20,000 rmb per month. For 99% of Chengdu expats that is a price that you would be insane to pay here.

You are best off with Chinese language sites like Ganji. If you can’t read/speak Chinese or don’t want to use Google Translate try to get help from a Chinese person – a friend, colleague, etc. Good luck-

Participant

I would like to add, come here first and stay a few days in a cheap hotel or hostel and visit a local agency.

Also, Charlie forgot his good guide 🙂

https://www.chengduliving.com/5-steps-to-renting-an-apartment/

Daniel

Participant

Check your PM Mitzimeg

Participant

Thanks everyone

I’d had a look at some of the websites you’d suggested and just wanted to check that the English one was more expensive (as I couldn’t really gauge)

I’ll continue to do research, talk to my colleagues and wait til we’re there to find a place

Participant

FYI – if you want to live near Sichuan University (I am assuming Wangjiang campus, which is centrally located), it will likely have more foreigners in that given area due to the student/teacher population and the other foreign-run businesses and restaurants nearby.

Participant

i suggest the website: http://www.livinginchengdu.com , there are many house sources on the page, you can have a try, it is english version. and the rental there is not expensive except the service apartment. Good luck.

Participant

My 2 friends just moved out their apartment, but the apartments are in High Tech Zone. If you are interested, I can give you the landlords’ contact and there’s no commission.

Participant

hello, this is Amy. I have many experience and i am local. I can help u. contact me by email or wechat. thanks

my email id: z1210623089@gmail. my wechat id: 18380128625.

Participant

my phone number and skype id :18380128625. if u have any confusion, just free to talk with me. keep in touch.

Participant

this is jessica. i am willing to help.

contact me for more info: [email protected]

Participant

I have a couple of new apartment for rent. New apartments located just next to CapitaMall(凯德天府),which is about 10 minutes’ walk from the Tongzilin(桐梓林).The location is very good and the transportation is very convenient, downstairs is subway station “South Railway Station” , 10 minutes to the airport by driving.
    Welcomne to visit my new apartment when you are free,pls contact me in advance.
    Moblie:173 8184 1590, Email:[email protected]

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.