Info on Chengdu Homestay Programs?

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsInfo on Chengdu Homestay Programs?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does Chengdu have any Lodging Houses or fair Homestay programs?

When I was in Hong Kong, I met a man who claimed he lived in Chengdu and could put me in touch with a lady who can pair contacts with Chinese families who rent out one of the rooms in their home. The program seemed like a great way to save money and experience cultural exchange.

The lady in change of the program asked ridiculous prices – far greater than what a person would pay to rent a private apartment in one of the most expensive parts of town. Given the lack of privacy and shared common space, it doesn’t make sense that a person renting a room in a family home should be asked to pay more than he or she would pay to rent a private apartment. Needless to say, I dropped that contact, but wonder if there are legit (monetarily fair) programs out there.

Keymaster

Have you searched on Google? It seems like there’s a lot of information available on this there, including places on Homestay.com, Airbnb.com and others.

Participant

Have you searched on Google? It seems like there’s a lot of information available on this there, including places on Homestay.com, Airbnb.com and others.

I did several months ago. I remember exploring a website and seeing prices not unlike those that my reference gave me. I wanted to hear from someone who has actually used a legitimate program that doesn’t try to rip people off by charging them far more to share an apartment than they’d pay for their own private place.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.