Restaurant Review: The Spot

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRestaurant Review: The Spot

• This topic has 54 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoAmir.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Everyone

The end of the month is coming, which means our cooking saloon is coming with it.

To those who haven’t been, every last Sunday of the month, our Chef Avi Barzilay teaches attending guests how to cook like a pro and impress everyone.

This time we will learn how to make five different styles of home-made pasta

From the first step- making the dough, through all the different stages (how to fold the pasta into different shapes, how to knead it and how to make different color of pasta) – until we get a delicious homemade pasta.

as requested before, we will allow more time so everyone can participate in the process and “do it yourself” therefore we will start earlier (15:30) and the event will be longer.

Apart from pasta we will also learn how to make the “Jellyfish cocktail” – one of the most famous shot drinks in the Jellyfish bar

The cost of the event is 30 per person

Hope to see you all

(As seats are limited please reserve a seat by replying the message)

The Spot Team

Participant

@Gavvie

We made a map that should be convenient enough to use, I’m not sure I post it right on the forum, so let’s see if it works well

The Spot’s map

Participant

Ooh! They have Eggs Benedict now? I will have to try that as it’s one of my favorites.

I loved The Spot and thought their burgers were the best when they first opened. Then towards the end of last year I had a couple in a row that weren’t so good. I don’t know if they changed the meat or the recipe or what. Then I was out of the country for the holidays and then just haven’t really thought about trying it again since I’ve been back.

I heard the menu has expanded since the last time I’ve been there. I think I’ll go there for lunch and give it another shot.

Participant

I thought the food at the spot was good but the last two times I went there the service was terrible. Messed up our orders, took a long time, told us they had run out of ingredients after we ordered, wouldn’t let us use a coupon that didn’t have any disclaimers on it about when it could be used. I’d go there again but my expectations aren’t high.

Do these guys do a brunch? I have a hole in my brunch.

Participant

@Rachel

We at the Spot believe that service effects the dinning experience almost as much as the food itself. Therefor I really regret to see you got bad service eating in our restaurant. If you would pm me the details I would check into the case (when, who, which coupon). Constructive comments are more valuable to us than complements.

@Brendan

Depends how you define brunch. We open weekdays at 11am. And work around the clock on weekends (Friday morning till Sunday late night).

Also, classic breakfast dishes are available all day long. Such as eggs Benedict, Spanish omelette, French toast, shakshuka (Mediterranean eggs stew), and my personal favorite, superman eggs.

You’re welcome to try us out

Participant

I did make it for lunch today so here is my mini-review.

I had planned on trying the burger again, but saw they do have eggs benedict and serve breakfast all day, so I had to try that out instead. It was really good and I had to stop myself short of actually licking the excess sauce off the plate. 🙂

One of my friends had a steak sandwich and it looked and smelled really good. I might have to try that next time if I can have them hold the onions.

My other friend did get a burger and it did look good so I might try that again some time too.

I got my wife a beef skewer and salad to go. The beef was super tender, but could use a little more flavor to my taste. It also had mushrooms which my wife really liked. It seemed a little on the pricy side until I tried the beef and realized how tender it was. I’m sure it costs more to get that kind of quality around here.

As good as the beef on the skewer was, I might have to go all out and try a full steak sometime.

Participant

1.Due to the Chinese Holiday and the change of business days, our cooking saloon planned for tomorrow (Sunday Apr. 28)is canceled. Avi Will be teaching everyone the secrets of pasta making in our next Saloon in May.

Sorry for the late notice.

2.This Tuesday, April 30 our Mediterranean themed night is “Turkish Night”. Come and try our Lahmajun (Turkish “pizza”), Bourekas, meatballs, Hrira and more.

Participant

Hey All.

This Tuesday,our Mediterranean night is Greek.

Moussaka, skewers, ouzo, and more!

Participant

This Tuesday, may 14 is French Night:
    Perigord Soup, Toulouse Bruschetta, Beef Stroganoff, Paris Style Gnocchi and the special dessert.
    Welcome!

Participant

Hey guys.
    Sorry for not posting for 3 weeks but:
    Tonight June 4th. our “Mediterranean Night” is Egyptian food theme.
    Bean Soup, Ras el Hanut, Goat cheese pastry and a special Sinai Dessert.
    Hope to see everyone tonight

Participant

Sinai dessert! Sandwiches maybe?

Participant

Not between 6-10. After 10 we’re going back to normal. Until then you have a chance to try some new (and awesome) stuff 🙂

Participant

Tomorrow, for our “Meditterenean Night” tuesday it’s gonna be Israeli night. Hummus, Tehini, Shawarma and more.
    Everyone invited (18:00-22:00)

Participant

from Wednesday Dec. 18, The Spot will be under renovation for a period of around one month and will not be open.
    Around Mid-January The Spot will re-open prettier, better and with a new menu.
    We apologize to all loyal customers and friends for the inconvenience and await to see you again after re-opening.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.