Ride bicycle from Chengdu to Lijiang

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRide bicycle from Chengdu to Lijiang

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

i got a plan, ride bicycle from Chengdu to Lijiang during National Day of this year(2012-10-01), and I`m looking for buddies, does anyone like to join me? my contact way:

msn:[email protected]

QQ:251904080

Keymaster

Have you done this before? How many days is the journey?

Keymaster

Have you done this before? How many days is the journey?

Participant

I have meet one Chinese girl who ride bike from somewhere in China to Kathmandu two years ago. She is great, but her hand is very dark skin and tough. She said she use half years to do that trip, and she is very young, something about 23.Very brave girl!

Participant

I have meet one Chinese girl who ride bike from somewhere in China to Kathmandu two years ago. She is great, but her hand is very dark skin and tough. She said she use half years to do that trip, and she is very young, something about 23.Very brave girl!

Participant

Not yet! This time will be my first long cycling trip. i`ve done 220km in 10 hours one day and its not so tough, so i can do it. It will take 5-10 days journey depends on start from chengdu or start from xichang.

Participant

Not yet! This time will be my first long cycling trip. i`ve done 220km in 10 hours one day and its not so tough, so i can do it. It will take 5-10 days journey depends on start from chengdu or start from xichang.

Participant

I’ve cycled from Guangxi, Yangshuo to Chengdu (2400km in 2 months). So I have some experience cycling long distances, although it was my first time. But doing 220km a day is not something that’s realistic when you continue for several days or weeks. You’ll carry (a lot) of stuff, so it’s harder than cycling during a day trip.

I did it slow though, so I’m sure you can do it faster if you want to. But I’d say you’d do 60-140km a day. 60 when there are steep hills/ mountains and over a 100 if it’s flat or just a few climbs.

Not sure how far Lijiang is, but I’m sure it will take some time as there are some huge mountains there.

Participant

I’ve cycled from Guangxi, Yangshuo to Chengdu (2400km in 2 months). So I have some experience cycling long distances, although it was my first time. But doing 220km a day is not something that’s realistic when you continue for several days or weeks. You’ll carry (a lot) of stuff, so it’s harder than cycling during a day trip.

I did it slow though, so I’m sure you can do it faster if you want to. But I’d say you’d do 60-140km a day. 60 when there are steep hills/ mountains and over a 100 if it’s flat or just a few climbs.

Not sure how far Lijiang is, but I’m sure it will take some time as there are some huge mountains there.

Participant

From Lijiang to Xichang part is better senery than Xichang to Chengdu part.

Participant

From Lijiang to Xichang part is better senery than Xichang to Chengdu part.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.