Ride to QingCheng Shan (Tues 11/13)

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRide to QingCheng Shan (Tues 11/13)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We are doing a ride out to QingCheng Shan (青城山) on Tuesday morning (11/13), arrive by late morning, then fast train back to the city by mid-day or early afternoon? I already checked with the train people, bikes are allowed.

Anyone interested in coming with us is more than welcome.

Google Map route

We’ll be leaving from Natooke @8:30am.

Participant

Looks like a lot of fun, if I didn’t have class Tuesday morning, I’d be joining you.

Participant

i’ll be joining you guys if i can get a day off. keep fingers crossed for me, plz.

Participant

oh~workday!!!! i can`t make it

Participant

oh~workday!!!! i can`t make it

Participant

i will join too, please let me know what time is the train at xipu station, ill buy ticket in advance…thanks

Participant

i will join too, please let me know what time is the train at xipu station, ill buy ticket in advance…thanks

Participant

We have a group of 5 committed, maybe 2 more so far. Any other takers?

Participant

I’ll be there. See you at the shop.

You guys are extreme. If I didn’t have work tomorrow, I might have gathered enough balls to try this.

Participant

Great ride today!! 2.5hours, 70km, and a fun adventure getting 高铁 tickets back to the city without passports and bikes that are “forbidden” from being taken on trains.

If anyone plans to ride out and train it back I recommend bringing your passport and a tape measure. For your reference, any item that doesn’t exceed 1.3m is allowed on trains. Bicycles with a front wheel removed do not by the way, much to the chagrin of train station security.

Participant

70km in 2.5 hours? uphill? damn…. would love to get back into biking, but that aint no beginner sh*t

Participant

you should’ve picked up some “la rou” there. It’s famous.

Participant
    Quote:
    70km in 2.5 hours? uphill? damn…. would love to get back into biking, but that aint no beginner sh*t

It was only mildly uphill some of the time. On account of having to get back by mid-day our Tues morning ride is a bit intense. We regularly do evening cruises when traffic is lighter (this Friday for instance) as well as rides on Sundays at a more manageable a pace.

Next time definitely have to try the 腊肉, thanks for the recommendation

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.