Rock Climbing in Chengdu

HomeForumsIn ChengduRock Climbing in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yeah, I`ve gathered that as well, although I read that there is a semitrad crag outside the city about 1.5 hours. I’ve got some training to do before I’m ready for anything substantial, though.

Participant

Liam, and anyone else:

Up for some climbing tomorrow? I might be able go during the day, definitely can in the evening.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Up for some climbing tomorrow? I might be able go during the day, definitely can in the evening.

I’m down in the evening. Same place as last time, near the Carrefour?

Participant

Yes

Participant

I’m in as well. Say around 530-6?

Participant

That’s a little early for me, usually I’d be eating dinner, but I could do it. What do you think Charlie?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    That’s a little early for me, usually I’d be eating dinner, but I could do it. What do you think Charlie?

A little early for me as well, I’ll probably head over after dinner which would be around 7 – 7:30pm.

Participant

I think I’ll arrive between 6:30 and 7

Participant

ya, with the sun starting to come out in force this week, i could be ready for a trip to a crag. time to get off the deck.

Participant

Hi guys I’ve just arrived in Chengdu for a week now. If u’re climbing again these couple of weeks and want some diversity (ie. female/ chinese, haha) let me know. Not a great climber but just wanna do some indoor sports and rebuild some strength

Participant

I will climb at least one day Tues/Wed/Thurs this week, but I’m hoping for reasonably clean air.

Participant
    Quote:
    ya, with the sun starting to come out in force this week, i could be ready for a trip to a crag. time to get off the deck.

I could do for getting out of the city sometime soon as well, the 污染 isn’t agreeing with me very well. It looks like from here that you can get a bus or some sort of set-price vehicle (whatever 小车 and 中型车, written above the map, means) for about 50 元 total. Of course, if somebody has a vehicle, that would be way easier.

Quote:
    If u’re climbing again these couple of weeks and want some diversity (ie. female/ chinese, haha) let me know. Not a great climber but just wanna do some indoor sports and rebuild some strength

Everybody’s been really friendly the times that I’ve gone, I’m thinking of getting a membership and will probably go Tuesday and Thursday evening this week. Plus there’s a guy named Ray who works there and is studying climbing at University (not sure what that means) and acts sort of as a coach/building routes.

Participant

cool. i’ll go on thurs, ~7pm,

Quote:
    open-air shopping mall next to Carrefour and it’s called 生存者攀岩馆.

The address is: 武侯区紫竹北街85号大世界商业广场E座4-5楼

I’ll probably be outta breath within an hour. Feel free say hi if you spot me struggling on the rocks..

Participant

ok, change of plans. i’m going 雅安tmr. Shall climb next week instead! HEHE :p

Participant

I’ll be there tomorrow, and probably next week too.

Participant

I’m now a member! So I’ll probably be there all of the time, lookin like a chump.

Participant

Hopefully will be heading back to Yangshuo in the summer if anyone is interested in doing a couple of weeks climbing.

Participant

i went yesterday and it’s fun! aching forearms and butt though haha. will be there again on 4 April. cya if i cya 🙂

Participant

Cool, we usually go later in the evening like 7 or 8, hope to see you in the future.

@Ian: I’d be totally down to check out Yangshuo, if I can coordinate my schedule/afford it. Have you been there before? I don’t know much about it, except that it’s becoming a sort of climbing mecca.

How long do u have train with this before u can actually take on the outdoors? I mean unofficially, just like an idea

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.