Rock Shops in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRock Shops in Chengdu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I would like to explore rock shops or markets in Chengdu. Anybody know any?

Thanks!

Jane

Keymaster

Rock shops? Rocks as in stones?

Participant

Yes, thanks for asking, as in stones. I have seen a few general gifty places in the Tibetan district, they mostly had turquoise and other stones from west of here. I’m looking for any kinds of stones, rocks, gems, from nothing special and not so expensive, to rare and exquisite (although that’s not the kind I’d buy – ha!)

I went to Songxiangqiao several years ago, can’t remember specifically seeing rocks then (I wasn’t looking for them), but it seems like the kind of place that would sell that kind of thing. Can anyone confirm?

Keymaster

I think Tibetan district is the first place I would look for something like this. I’ve been in a few shops there that have very high quality and expensive stones for sale, which can be set into jewelry or worn as bracelets and necklaces. You rarely see Chinese people wearing that type of stuff, but they have jade and other stones available for sale near temples like Wuhou Ci, which is right on the edge of the Tibetan district in Chengdu.

Participant

I remember seeing rocks in Songxiangqiao, I think. Worth a try…

Participant

That’s right. SongXianqiao art market. I think you can also find some in Sanshengxiang.

Participant

Song Xian Qiao is currently under a massive renovation and not many of vendors are open. There are still a few vendors, but not nearly as many as normal.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.