Renting Room in Duplex Near US Consulate

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsRenting Room in Duplex Near US Consulate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

About the flat

The penthouse has 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen (with oven), a living room with 55′ TV and books, a conservatory, a south-facing balcony and a private rooftop garden. It’s 1 min walk to Nijiaqiao Metro station, 8 min to Polycentre, and 15 min to Raffles city plaza/KehuaBeilu, has easy access to many bus lines. 77 to Jiuyanqiao, 99 to Ikea, 76 to Carrefour, 114 etc. underground parking for scooter and car (using of parking is not included in the rent).

I’m a 26 year old friendly and respectful girl, I studied in England before and enjoyed a lot my experience staying with a very nice landlady in London, now I work in an Embassy in Beijing but would continue to share my family home with paying guests. My mum lives here and dad comes back occasionally, their room is on the second floor. My parents don’t cook Sichuan food or speak local dialect, they only speak mandarin. We started to host paying guests after three of my English friends stayed with us, my parents are very used to flat sharing with non-Chinese speakers.

About the room

The room will be available is the small bedroom downstairs. The current tenant who stayed with us for a year now, will leave by the end of October. The bedroom is furnished with a double bed, has excellent views overlooking Zongnan area. Extra storage space could be provided. The other room downstairs is let to a 25 year old Indian guy who has stayed with us for 2 year now, he works in IT and travels for business a lot, these two rooms share one bathroom.

The rent is 1800 a month inclusive, which covers the rent, wuguan fees, water, electricity, gas, wifi (these would come up to about 200 per person). First instalment is 3 months rent + a month deposit.

About future tenant

We are looking for an easy-going paying guest, preferably a professional who is friendly, considerate and tidy, who would become a friend with us. This flat is beautiful and comfortable, a great place to relax and unwind after a long day at work. Only contact me if this sounds like the kind of place that suits your lifestyle and budget. no couples, pets or smoking. Minimum 6 months lease, 1 year preferred. If a guest needs to move in before end of Oct, another room could be temporarily provided until the this one becomes available.

If you are interested, please send me an email 306927082ATqq.com, as finding a place to stay/guest to move in is a inter-viewing process, if would be great if you could also tell me something about yourself. Images upon request. No need for me to let it in a hurry.

Participant

Hi!

I’m not yet familiar with the layout of Chengdu, but I am moving there from the U.S. in August 2016. The rent you quoted in this your message (1800 including utilities and internet–correct?) would be at the upper end of my budget.

I am a single female, age 52. I am quiet, shy at first, but friendly, neat, and very responsible. I will be working for Disney English in the Wuhou District on a 15 month contract beginning on June 24, 2016, ending September 25, 2017. I am a self published author and would like a quiet place to work on my second book when I’m not at work. I would like to explore as much of the local area as possible while I am there and an open to establishing a friendship with Chinese families. At present, I do not speak any Mandarin, but Disney is going to supply me with access to Rosetta Stone – Mandarin.

I realize my arrival is about 7 months from now, but if you think you may have a room available at that time, I am very interested.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.