Ryan's Mexican Cuisine

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRyan's Mexican Cuisine

• This topic has 44 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoRyan.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey I thought I posted this last night but it didn’t post so… Repost! Sorry if this appears twice :-/

I’m opening up a Mexican Kitchen inside The Clubhouse in the SOHO building on 科华北路(Ke Hua North Road) next to Hakka bar, THU – SUN 6pm – 11pm. Burritos, Tacos, Nachos, using the most authentic ingredients I can get my hands on.

I also tried my best to keep the prices down, because I know a lot of my old sandwich customers appreciated being able to eat a good western meal for less than 50RMB…

I had a bit of a trial run over the weekend and I’d say it was a big success and everyone was pretty happy about it, so I’m ready to open up to the public. Come by and try some delicious Mexican food!

Keymaster

FINALLY AN EXPAT DOES MEXICAN FOOD IN CHENGDU

Pho is next, hopefully.

Participant

lol

Participant

ryan eres mexicano ? im ruben actualy livin in tx stae i need some help

Participant

Tried it, was good! Would eat again

Participant

Thanks Alex! Glad you liked it.

Ruben, I’m not Mexicano, but I did grow up in Texas. What kind of help do you need? I didn’t think Texans often read Chengduliving forums.

-Ryan

Participant

Hello Ryan. thanks for your reply You know I need to find a girl she is in chengdu I have only a few photographs and his name we married in 2015 but lost his mail really want and I lie in chengdu but I need to find she sells jade my email is westyuma @ outlook.com Might say ‘I do?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

You know I need to find a girl she is in chengdu I have only a few photographs and his name we married in 2015 but lost his mail really want and I lie in chengdu but I need to find she sells jade my email is westyuma @ outlook.com Might say ‘I do?

His name? her name? Married? Lost mail? WTF? Very confused. Only part I understood is “lie” just can’t determine who to whom…

Participant

Wow this sounds like it could be interesting…

I assume me meant not “lie” but he wants to “live” in Chengdu. And… maybe they are supposed to get married in 2015 but he lost touch with her?

Can you tell us more Ruben? Maybe you should send us a picture of the girl and not yourself at the Alamo. WE WILL HELP YOU FIND YOUR GIRL!

Participant

@ryan

Of course it meant ‘live’, what I’m getting at, is it sounds like someone been scammed or is about to be. Next up, I’m looking for the prince of Chengdu he owes me part of his long lost fortune…

Participant

@Rick

We are 100% on the same page.

I’m just curious to see where this scammy rabbit-hole leads…

Also maybe I found myself a new cook!!

Participant

OK first nothing to spend a happy Christmas.Ryan the woman I’m looking for is called huang yi and she I told lives in chengdu is a somewhat long history I the met in online at a place for dating and so that she liked and we became boyfriends problem emerged by here have closed the page and I have more than one month looking for and a friend who lives in chicago recommended this page the told me that here someone I you could better target to be able to find it. by the way my work is to repair jewelry and I thought that there is a good place to put my business. but the most important for me is finding this girl thanks and waiver is little English that is. your friend ruben

Attachments:
    Participant

Hi Riky. your are moderator I tell that do to find this girl she nor I are scammer and really she to my I like and me to cost some money reach this page as I had to go to chicago where I have friends who are Chinese and here have I went to the Chinese Consulate and things like that I think go to that city and settling there or in a nearby city. Maybe your you can give me a better idea of which I have, I have thought to hire someone in that city to help me but really not is how to do things. and I accept all the ideas that you could give me, thank you and Merry Christmas

Participant

@ruben

First, I’m not a moderator..and, are you using some sort of translation software? It’s extremely difficult to figure out exactly what you’re trying to say.

I suppose what I’m getting at is: Did you send her money? God, I sure hope not. If you can’t get ahold of her – perhaps she doesn’t want to get in touch with you. I think it’s hard to “lose” e-mail. Did you forget what ‘dating site’ you had met her on? Can’t contact her again through that? Or just no replies?

When people disappear from online communications, they typically want to disappear – via blocking, ignoring, etc. Again, I hope you didn’t send money or something.

If you’re trying to ‘track down’ this person who doesn’t appear to want to keep in touch with you, I don’t know what you expect as a result. If you can’t find her e-mail — but you’re about to get married, I’d expect she’d send you one? Or have your number? It’d be an insane series of unfortunate events to have both parties lose all contact information with each-other before their wedding is planned to kick off.

I’m less inclined to help find some random person with nothing but a pinyin name and photograph, and more inclined to help you — if this is authentic — understand the circumstance you’ve put yourself in and get over it. For the third time, I sure hope you didn’t send money.

However, if you want to hire someone, what are the terms? Cash up front? I’ll send my wire transfer deets.

PS: Now I’m obliged to check out the Mexican food asap, this thread has spun into a predatory stalkers for hire advert.

Participant

Hi, as you said Ryan your Mexican food place works Thu-Sun, is it going to be any exceptions for the New Year’s Eve?

Participant

Great question Lana thanks for asking. The Clubhouse (the bar my kitchen is in) will be closed on New Years Eve, so we will be closed as well. Too bad… I think a Mexican food New Years Eve dinner would be great.

Participant

Open today? 6PM?

Participant

Hey guys, a few people coming off this site have told me that they’ve had a hard time finding the place, so I’ve made a map that should help. See attached…

Attachments:
    Participant

Interesting thread we have here. It is in a pretty random spot, but managed to find it last night thanks to my lucky sighting of the Soho sign. Figured it was in the same building as Here We Go and all that. We went for football though, and I guess the kitchen was closed due to the bar being empty.

/from Texas

Participant

@woodwerd, what time were you there? We usually close the kitchen at 11pm regardless of how many people are in The Clubhouse, because next-door Hakka Bar is always filled with people and they seem strangely hungry all the time…

For anyone else trying to find it here’s a map mapp

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.