(S) Street Fighter 4

HomeForumsIn Chengdu(S) Street Fighter 4

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Normal people please just ignore this ……

I was wonderingif there are any (S)Street Fighter 4 addicts present in Chengdu?!

If yes, we all know that offline play is the only real deal…..

Lets play……

Cheers….

zEbRokSki

Keymaster

Hell yeah. I was thinking about this the other day when someone mentioned that Mortal Kombat is coming back. I was an arcade rat when I was 12, playing fighting games.

Shoot me an email and we can work something out, I live in Yulin. [email protected]

Anyone else?

Yo Charlie,

Its actually quite easy to set this up if we can gather a few more

players. If it’s only the two of us, fine with me 😛

I have Street Fighter 4 PC Version, but as online play distorts the games major skill determining mechanisms, its been sitting on the bookshelv since quite a while.

Even better would be of course to find someone with a Xbox 360 or PS3 set and then just buy Super Street Fighter 4 and joysticks. I dont have a console and neither do you i assume…..? I have a big TV to which I could hook up my laptop…. We only need to by joysticks/pads then! Taobao.com has nice arcade sticks starting from 200 yuan.

My laptop is not the fastest so anything else would be better i suppose 😀

Let me know what you think!

Keymaster

I have a PS3 and everything set up at home. I don’t have SSFIV but I’m pretty sure I can get it. I have SF IV but I don’t really know how much of a difference there is. I had all the characters unlocked on the 360 version but have a PS3 now and all of the extra characters are locked up.

Do you have any links to the arcade sticks on Taobao? 200 yuan sounds reasonable!

Well, that makes it alot easier!

I played SF4 back in 2009 when it came out a lot, but never had the chance to really check out SSF4. I am more interested in SSF4 to be honest. If i recall correctly your post says something about 20 yuan per game if you hire a skilled chinese to add it? Lets do it.

Here are some links to decent arcade sticks:

Stick 1

Stick 2

#Stick 3

I like theshop of this guy as he obivously specializes in Arcade sticks

He has a nice basic version for 200 yuan, button layout and background customizable.

This one is my favorite so far. If we would buy two bargaining him down to 400 including postal fee schould be possible

Keymaster

I’ll have to stop by that place again and see if they have SSFIV. I just told him “Put Street Fighter on there”, picked it up 30 minutes later, and went home to find out it was SFIV. I’m pretty sure they’ll have SSFIV though, I’ll double check to be sure.

The 228 yuan one looks nice! Looks like a good shop with low prices – shipping shouldn’t be too much from Guangdong either. From the description it looks like it works on PC, PS3, and 360. Shoot me an email if you’re going to order one.

We have the hardware now all set up!

All we need is a few more guys or ofc girls to rumble with!

If you were an arcade head back in the days, why not bring back some good memories 😀

I just got a PS3 (after reading the article here on CDLiving hahaha) and have SSFIV. One of the other teachers at my school really likes that game, though we’ve been playing Tekken 6 more. He said he’s found an arcade that has both games and some guys who play competitively. I’m still practicing up, but if y’all shoot me an email, maybe we can all meet up and practice/meet up and duke it out at the arcade.

[email protected]

Yo Pete,

Me and Charlie just ordered us some arcade sticks on Taobao. They will arrive most likley around the end of this week. We were considering sunday night for a first test session. Its not fixed yet though. IF inconvenient we can will work something out for the weekend of 28/28/29th.

Cheers !

Keymaster

Peter, I sent you an email.

Here’s the arcade stick I ordered. It was between this or one of Chun Li looking like a stripper about to kill someone.

m7Py7.jpg

the alternated pink-black button style looks awesome ! =D

well guys I have everything set up in my home, but i live in shuangliu area…

an avid SSF4 player too~

can always hooked me up on msn, my email is [email protected]

Btw i work in New Hope Road which’s near yulin~

Chris~

by the way if you guys are looking for the best quality joystick, u have to get them customized with sanwa buttons and the stick as well, my recommendation is getting madcatz tournament edition and importing the sanwa buttons from japan and swap in~

I’m no pro but I take my game seriously..hahaha cheers~

Chris~

Keymaster

What are sanwa buttons? Is that a brand or button manufacturer?

I don’t know much about buying an arcade-quality joystick but I’m curious to see what 230 yuan buys. I’ll find out soon enough. I’ll post info and photos on my blog, too.

sanwa and semitsu manufacture parts for the arcade cabinets in japan, especially buttons and joysticks~ what u see in the arcade usually uses sega astrocity cabinets or by taito~

input lag times are quite crucial to what u can pull off by your character so serious players usually settle for nothing less than sanwa or semitsu~

if you are a casual player then it will not make much difference, if you want to test the input timing best way to do so is via Challenge mode in SF where u have to input various target combos. Thats where the buttons make a difference.

When you guys having a session?

Chris~

Keymaster

I didn’t know that, thanks for the background info Chris.

Hopefully the arcade sticks will arrive tomorrow and we can meet up in the evening.

its a pity u had your xbox sold, i have 2 customized stick.

1 is a wireless one using sanwa parts and another corded madcatz TE modded with PS3 PCB so it can be used for either PS3 and Xbox360~

if you guys really interested, can always arrange a time to popby my home which is near shuangliu airport for a session~ get a feel of my setup and maybe get yours done up~

drop me a call ya~

Chris~

We are most likely gonna roll at Charlies this Friday! Who is in ?!

fri i’m out man..

Sat you guys can rumble at my place if you wanna~

Could you make it on saturday instead ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.