Saturday Halloween Party (+ 20 Free Tickets)

HomeForumsIn ChengduSaturday Halloween Party (+ 20 Free Tickets)

• This topic has 84 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoAM.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Looking forward to this!

Participant

Great to see an event with multiple genres of music through out the night. Looking forward to the party tomorrow!

Participant

What’s the crack with this place then? Anyone willing to take some photos for an ex-CDer?

Participant

any directions? new here, don’t know the music park…do know the ring roads well though…if anyone could point me in the right direction….

Participant

Yo Nate, its Andy. There are a couple of pics on This Thread. I’ll get some tomorrow too.

Brian, its in the east just off the 2nd ring road. Google maps link

Participant

Drinks deals before 10pm

Tsingtao = 10 rmb

Vodka + mix = 10 rmb

Keymaster
    Quote:
    What’s the crack with this place then? Anyone willing to take some photos for an ex-CDer?

I’m bringing my camera, I will take photos and post them here after the event.

Participant

Easy Andy. I just had a look at those pics – it’s pretty unique that. Looks like it’s pretty close to some apartments there, hope that doesn’t cause any trouble.

Quote:
    I’m bringing my camera, I will take photos and post them here after the event.

I look forward to checking the photos you and Andy shoot at the party. With those drinks deals it should get off to a good start.

Participant

What time are people venturing to this venue?

Participant

I plan on arriving around 9:30.

Participant

9:30.Me too.

Keymaster

I have everyone’s tickets, I’ll be there at 9:30 also. Any problems text me: 18615777278

Participant

Good time last night! Saw some great costumes! Cholo and laser background were pretty cool!

Participant

I thought it was a fail. When I first arrived at 11PM I thought it had a lot of potential, but somehow the party never really took off. People just kept standing outside in stead of inside?

Participant

I guess because of the inside environment?

But anyway, still appreciate what Charlie has done for us and his free tickets. ^_^

Participant

I had a great time last night. The green tank was a perfect spot for a one off party like that. It’d be nice to see a series of parties at similar non traditional venues. Of course there could have been more people dancing through out the night, but that is the case with a lot of electronic music centered parties in Chengdu.

Anyway, looking forward till the next time something like this comes up.

Participant

If anyone is interested, actually there will be a Halloween’s Day party with a lot of electronic music and a band in the Mooney bar in Shangri-La Hotel on Oct.31st.

It’s not an advertisement from me, haha! Because I will fly to HK that day. Just in case someone is interested in going to a party on Halloween’s Eve. That is a good place. ^_^

Participant

RE: “fail” – I got that feeling around 10:30, so we went to the Jellyfish party top floor of celebrity hotel….and it was great.

Packed to the roof, huge dance stage that was pretty much constantly covered, big floor below – and chairs squished into a few lines at one side of the room for those who wanted to sit – also full, but kinda placed inconveniently like an audience maybe intentionally so people kept on their feet. The hallway was set up like a break area to have a smoke or just hang out and was also packed. It was a great success on their part, with one caveat: had to wait too long in line to get drinks at the bar.

Oh, most importantly, seemed way more people there dressed up. Outside the tank it, at least while I was there, kind of felt like lot of people just standing around outside without costumes..killed the halloween spirit for me 😛

Participant
    Quote:
    Outside the tank it, at least while I was there, kind of felt like lot of people just standing around outside without costumes..killed the halloween spirit for me :P”(This is not really true.:)

But Im quite interested in the celebrity hotel you metioned. It’s the one which locates on Ren Min South Road or the one locates in 骡马市?

Participant

True or not, it was my observation 😀

Yes, Ren Min Nan Lu.. never parked there before, but it has the japanese-style car elevator for parking, first one I’ve seen in Chengdu.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.